FMQ help--why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FMQ help--why not?

Sooooooo, a thread about FMQ help has been going around and much discussion about expensive rings and holders has gone through this thread.

Last year, when I was at the Sisters Outdoor quilt show, the inventer of this product was there demonstrating the quilt pads. They looked very interesting, and of course, while she was demonstrting, they worked quite well. However, I looked at the pads, and they were made out of FLIP FLOP RUBBER,

image.jpg

They are called Grip and Stitch free motion quilting pads, you can get them from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Stitch-Motion-.../dp/B005MRUAE2

So, for a cheap set of pads, why not use a pair of kids flip flops as FMQ pads? I'm going to look for some and give it a try!
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; January 17, 2014, 09:12 AM.

Re: FMQ help--why not?

Like this?

flips.jpg

heehee
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Now that's funny, because I was thinking if you got a little kids pair, just leave the straps on and slip your fingers thru!! hahahaah!!!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I'll just stick with gloves. Got them a Lowe's garden department for $3 and they are prefect fit.
        Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
          Like this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65804[/ATTACH]

heehee
          Exactly! Are these your hands?

Comment

No, but it did come from a Hawaiian web site It was a reminder to bring your flip flops for walking on a trail. I was cracking up when it looked like sewing lines.

I bought some gloves too, at the market of all places. Super thin, I need to sew the finger tips down though. I look forward to seeing how you like this. Our Walmart has a whole isle or two of flip flops. lol
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

So funny and too cute. Let us know if its works to use flip flops. I love my machingers
              Karen
              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

They always have a bin of them for a dollar or two at JoAnn during the summer.
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

That is a brilliant idea. Makes perfect sense. I love my gloves though, so not sure I will try this.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                    Sooooooo, a thread about FMQ help has been going around and much discussion about expensive rings and holders has gone through this thread.

Last year, when I was at the Sisters Outdoor quilt show, the inventer of this product was there demonstrating the quilt pads. They looked very interesting, and of course, while she was demonstrting, they worked quite well. However, I looked at the pads, and they were made out of FLIP FLOP RUBBER,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65801[/ATTACH]

They are called Grip and Stitch free motion quilting pads, you can get them from Amazon

Amazon.com - Grip & Stitch Free Motion Machine Quilting Disks Clever Craft Tools - Home And Garden Products

So, for a cheap set of pads, why not use a pair of kids flip flops as FMQ pads? I'm going to look for some and give it a try!

I've seen these flip flops at our local Dollar General Store for around a dollar.
                    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I use a product that comes in a roll and is to stop carpet rugs from slipping. I just cut of two pieces and place them under my hands. Works a treat. I do have some gloves but I get fed up with putting them on and taking them off all the time if you know what I mean. I got this product from IKEA it cost about £2.50 for a roll of it. It's like a mesh to look at and very soft to handle.

Comment

Sponges work pretty well also .. And cheap too .. Pick a color to match your mood LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Jeannie acton View Post
                          I use a product that comes in a roll and is to stop carpet rugs from slipping. I just cut of two pieces and place them under my hands. Works a treat. I do have some gloves but I get fed up with putting them on and taking them off all the time if you know what I mean. I got this product from IKEA it cost about £2.50 for a roll of it. It's like a mesh to look at and very soft to handle.
                          That's a good idea. They have those rubber drawer/shelf liners too.
                          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I use my white Mini Mouse gloves and sometimes Fabulous Fabric Glide by Gypsy Quilter. I bought that before knowing about the gloves. They really come in handy when I don't want to wear anything on my hands. Your flip flop deal looks like a good idea though.

Amazon.com: Gypsy Quilter The Fabulous Fabric Guide: Arts, Crafts & Sewing
                            sigpicMISA
                            I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

MSQC sells them here too I believe. I've looked at them more than once. But I keep not putting them in my cart.

Comment

Working...
                              X