X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alwaysinmyroom
    replied
    Re: 5" Tumbler Quilt Top

oh--I goofed...I had already sewed my rows together before I saw this post..now my choice is to undo a bit of each row to add another column of white border tumblers, or bite the bullet, lesson-learned, straighten the sides and add a regular border...

What would you guys do? It is my first tumbler quilt for a baby girl... I want to make it special...

Leave a comment:

• PaulaWalsh
    replied

Gorgous. I would go with the blue : )

Leave a comment:

• GrammaBabs
    replied

How about a stripe..or plaid with some of the colors and white... binding in red!!! Now i'm definitely gonna do the tumbler!!!!

Leave a comment:

• alwaysinmyroom
    replied

I am so glad I found this before I cut off my edges of my first ever tumbler quilt!

I never thought to use the tumbler template to make the border and then cut it off!

I was following the video tutorial but I was sad to lose the extra pieces on the side...thank you so much for posting!

I will now cut my solids tonight into tumbler shapes! So excited!

Leave a comment:

• mamaquilt
    replied

Very lovely quilt! I'm in with jrchapman and watch out for the colorbleeding.

Leave a comment:

• tamsterg7
    replied

Red would be really nice - but after my last fiasco of bleeding when I washed a quilt I'm a bit shy of it. Really any of the colors in your blocks would look great! Nice job - I need one of those tumblers!

Leave a comment:

• Sunnyok
    replied

That looks fabulous, I am going to try one of those one day!

Leave a comment:

• jrchapman
    replied

I think that if you pick out one of the blue florals for the backing that would be nice and then a red binding would look amazing with the front and make the flowers pop

The quilt's beautiful so far x

Leave a comment:

• lhayes1976
    replied

Fantastic--Another vote for red here! I really need that ruler!

Leave a comment:

• MissieP
    replied

great job..love how you used the whi tumblers as the border. good idea. : )

Leave a comment:

• llm161
    replied

I think the red would really pop. Blue would be more subtle and leave the tumblers as the focus.

Leave a comment:

• twnkeyes
    replied

debimalaga, I'm not sure on the quilting. I don't actually do my own quilting so I always defer to my quilter's ideas, she's great!

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    replied

I'd say red, blue, wheat (the tone in the quilt) or any of the quilt colors would be great. Nice job! Love the way you did the white border. Very snazzy looking quilt top. What are your quilting plans?

Leave a comment:

• Loonwatcher
    replied

Love it! Any of the colors in the tumblers would look great on the binding. Choose your favorite.

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

Love it! Red would be a good choice. Just pick whatever color you want to pop out the most. Great job!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X