5" Tumbler Quilt Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5" Tumbler Quilt Top

I just finished this top. Haven't decided the backing or the binding but am thinking red. Suggestions would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: 5" Tumbler Quilt Top

So nice! I think you're right, red would really set it off. My second choice would be the blue.
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Very nice!! I think I would go with the green (favorite color) or the blue for binding the quilt.
      Thats what I like about multicolored quilts...you can use whatever color binding you want and it will match!

I ordered the tumbler ruler a few months ago but havent used it yet...its on my list LOL
      ~Mary
      As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Great job! I like how you did the white around the outside.
        Shelia

Comment

Love it! Red would be a good choice. Just pick whatever color you want to pop out the most. Great job!
          Patti
          "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Love it! Any of the colors in the tumblers would look great on the binding. Choose your favorite.
            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I'd say red, blue, wheat (the tone in the quilt) or any of the quilt colors would be great. Nice job! Love the way you did the white border. Very snazzy looking quilt top. What are your quilting plans?
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

debimalaga, I'm not sure on the quilting. I don't actually do my own quilting so I always defer to my quilter's ideas, she's great!

Comment

I think the red would really pop. Blue would be more subtle and leave the tumblers as the focus.
                  Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
                  "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

great job..love how you used the whi tumblers as the border. good idea. : )

Comment

Fantastic--Another vote for red here! I really need that ruler!
                      Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

I think that if you pick out one of the blue florals for the backing that would be nice and then a red binding would look amazing with the front and make the flowers pop

The quilt's beautiful so far x
                        Quilting through the dull times
                        northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

That looks fabulous, I am going to try one of those one day!
                          :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

Red would be really nice - but after my last fiasco of bleeding when I washed a quilt I'm a bit shy of it. Really any of the colors in your blocks would look great! Nice job - I need one of those tumblers!

Comment

Very lovely quilt! I'm in with jrchapman and watch out for the colorbleeding.
                              sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Working...
                              X