replied
    Re: Trying to impress the boyfriend's parents

Perfect! Your quilt is gorgeous!
    ~Natalie

Leave a comment:

• jrchapman
    replied

Thanks for the lovely comments everybody. It was just going to be an impractical present to remind them of home (they live in Oman where it's over 120F) but they're moving back to England at the end of January so it will actually come in useful.

Leave a comment:

• Rosie
    replied

Ah impressing the parents... what a task it can be, but I'm sure they will LOVE it! Great job!

Leave a comment:

• Elisabrat
    replied

Very pretty. Being so thoughtful I think you probably already impressed them without all this hard work. This is icing on the cake. They are lucky to have you in the family.

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

what a wonderful quilt...and such a thoughtful gift!! the boyfriend is a lucky guy....

Leave a comment:

• niki
    replied

You did a great job. Heck, I would be really impressed if any of my son's girlfriends would give me a gift like that! Maybe someday (I can dream can't I).
    Niki

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

A friend of mine once said somthing like this - If God can mix greens, why can't I?
    Just take a look outside and see all the different greens He uses in His landscapes. And she's right! Now everytime I try to match something I try to remember that.

I think your greens go together perfectly. I am sure if she likes those colors, she will love it!

You did a super job!

Hugs,
    quiltingtrish

Leave a comment:

• ginampls
    replied

naw shucks, i am impressed, if they don't like it.. then that is too bad for them,,, but honestly they really awght to like it. well, see ya j chapman, love gina from mpls.

Leave a comment:

• sewhot
    replied

It looks wonderful!! I love it! And I am sure that the 'parents' are gonna be thrilled! And I too like the contrast between the front and the back!
    Way to go!

Leave a comment:

• Vicki
    replied

What a thoughtful gift and great pattern! I think the colors are wonderful

Leave a comment:

• magiemugins
    replied

That is truely beautiful and no I really like the background. Makes for a bit of a contrast that really works. I think she will love it. You did a great job.

Always Maggie

Leave a comment:

• jrchapman
    started a topic Trying to impress the boyfriend's parents

Trying to impress the boyfriend's parents

I've finished the quilt I'm taking to my boyfriend's parents as a present. It's not my ideal colour palette but purple and green are my boyfriend's mother's favourite colours and she loves bright vibrant things so here it goes.

[attachment=1:1o8f99u4]IMG_4341-2.jpg[/attachment:1o8f99u4]
    I'm also a little frustrated that the green in the backing doesn't quite match the green on the front and the binding but I think I'm just trying to be a perfectionist.

[attachment=0:1o8f99u4]quilt folded-2.jpg[/attachment:1o8f99u4]
Working...
X