replied
    Re: sorting through fabrics

Sooooo Cute! Nice job

Leave a comment:

• mamaquilt
    replied

Originally posted by Mimis-quilts View Post
    I like it! I've never really liked sewing clothing...but that looks like it went together easy enough! Love the fabric!
    it really went pretty fast, just squares and rectangles, except for the top front. But all in all I did it in one day. The fabric used to be curtains and had been in my stash for quite some time.

Leave a comment:

• Mimis-quilts
    replied

I like it! I've never really liked sewing clothing...but that looks like it went together easy enough! Love the fabric!

Leave a comment:

• mamaquilt
    replied

Thanks for all your nice comments on the kimono. I collect roosters and they are all over the house.

Leave a comment:

• mrswindy4
    replied

You did a fantastic job on your dressing gown!!

I also have my kitchen done in Roosters and Hens.

Leave a comment:

• Shirley
    replied

Very Nice!!! Beautiful fabric.

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    replied

Lovely job, Michele, and I also got a kick out of your roosters. Your dressing gown, robe, housecoat, kimono, etc., looks wonderful.

Leave a comment:

• newbiequilter
    replied

Your fabric looks oriental so it is perfect for your kimono. And yes, dressing gown is appropriate. I always associated the term with the 'theatah' where an actress would wear one in her dressing room.

Leave a comment:

• bopeep
    replied

Very nice robe or dressing gown.......what ever you call it .....it is very pretty....
    bopeep

Leave a comment:

• RFREE
    replied

Very nice! I like that fabric. SEW pretty!! I like all your chicken stuff too. My kitchen is done in chickens.Very country looking.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

Michele
    Looks as comfortable as it is lovely.

Leave a comment:

• Loonwatcher
    replied

Lovely. That fabric is great.

Leave a comment:

• Patrice
    replied

that's great!

Leave a comment:

• rebeccas-sewing
    replied

Hi Mama,

Well, that turned out nicely! You should gets lots of wear from it during the warmer months. My warm weather robe ended up in the trash. It was in such bad shape. I need to get busy and make a new one now that the weather is warming up. "Dressing gown" is certainly appropriate to use. In the states we simply call it our robe. Here in London, I have no idea what the Brits call it. I'll have to ask a friend. Enjoy your new creation. You look super comfy. Rebecca

Leave a comment:

• mamaquilt
    started a topic sorting through fabrics

sorting through fabrics

Sorting through my fabrics I came upon this one. Although meant to be used for a quilt, I changed my mind and made myself a kimono yesterday. As the weather is getting warmer I'm wearing it as a "dressing gown." Is that word correct???Kimono 2 Kopie.jpgKimono 4 Kopie.jpg
Working...
X