French Roses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French Roses

I finally finished my French Roses quilt YIPEEE , I sewed the binding on lastnight, the last of it at 11:30 pm, then of course I couldn't wait to wash it so it would go raggy, So I washed it twice lastnight getting up again at 1:30 for the second wash, I was looking for stuff to throw in the wash with it, I found some lids and a brush for cleaning your ceiling fans, anything I could think of to make it rag better LOL
    Attached Files
    :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Re: French Roses

Sunny,
    That is the coolest quilt! What a clever idea! I've never seen a quilt like this one before. What are your plans for it? Are you going to keep it, sell it, or give it to someone? Did you have fun making this quilt? Looks like a lot of work! Such a fantastic project to use up those stash and scraps. BTW, your sewing room is very appealing.
    Rebecca
    Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; April 16, 2011, 03:54 AM.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Fabulous! I've never seen anything like it either. What a great idea to throw stuff in the wash to help the ragging. Your sewing room looks like a shop. Do you have a LQS?
      ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

fun quilt! Love the colors.
        Sewing mends the soul.
        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Wow! How pretty. I love it.Different.I like different. Love your sewing room too.

Comment

I love it...I have never seen a quilt like this either.......it is so Beautiful........
            bopeep
            sigpic

Comment

That is a super nice quilt. When you sew the roses on, do you use the zig zag stitch or which one did you use? Do you have a shop or sell Bernina sewing machines?
              sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

This is awesome! How did you do it? Did you make it up or have a pattern? It's very inspiring.

Comment

Sunny I love it! I have a kit for a quilt that has some of these roses. So neat!!
                  Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

It's very pretty. I really like the pastels against the black background. It looks really soft with all the ragging around the edges, good job!
                    Quilting through the dull times
                    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Bee-autiful!!! Love the black background!
                      Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

Sunny this is a fabulous quilt! Looks so elegant shabby chic!
                        Patti
                        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
                          Sunny,
                          That is the coolest quilt! What a clever idea! I've never seen a quilt like this one before. What are your plans for it? Are you going to keep it, sell it, or give it to someone? Did you have fun making this quilt? Looks like a lot of work! Such a fantastic project to use up those stash and scraps. BTW, your sewing room is very appealing.
                          Rebecca
                          Thanks, the quilt isn't hard at all. My husbands aunt is Heather French, and she designed the quilt called French Roses, she also has a baby quilt called French Rose Buds. I made mine 72 squares and it's for my bed. The photos are taken in the quilt shop I work in, I wish it was my sewing room at home. My sewing room is about 10x8 kinda cramped LOL

Comment

Originally posted by mamaquilt View Post
                            That is a super nice quilt. When you sew the roses on, do you use the zig zag stitch or which one did you use? Do you have a shop or sell Bernina sewing machines?
                            I sewed the flowers on with a 1/4 inch seam, straight stitch so it can rag, the more times you wash the quilt the better it gets.
                            This photo was taken in the quiltshop I work in and we sell Brother and Bernina machines.

Comment

Wow what an unbelievably wonderful quilt. I'm awed and envious. Just a huge WOW....it's beautiful
                              ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                              Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
                              (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Working...
                              X