Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrea F
    replied
    Re: Quilt as you go strip quilt FINISHED!

Beautiful quilt, I like the scrappy look! Everything sharp and tapered is my enemy too. I had a pair of scissors sharpened recently and now the bottom tip is so sharp and pointed that it's pretty dangerous for (clumsy) me to use it because I always prick my hands.

Leave a comment:

• GrammaBabs
    replied

April I really love this quilt... it's a super job and my favorite part is that it's scrappy, and inventive at the same time... I'm a huge fan of pieced backs... yours is fabulous!!! Keep up the good work and never be afraid to add your own touch..

Leave a comment:

• GrammaBabs
    replied

Careful girlfriend....I know it's hard with poor eyesite... but be extra careful... I was getting lax about closing the blade on the rotary cutter.. and yep, I picked it up with blade open!! Not a bad cut at all,, but it reminded me "good and proper" as my Nana would say,, to CLOSE that blade EVERY time,, no matter what!!
    Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    Quilting Injury Support Group?

Three days ago I cut the tip of my right little finger on a rotary cutter. OUCH.
    Today the same rotary cutter, while laying it down, was still open and I sliced the knuckle of my right middle finger. OUCH!

How do we get support????????????????????

I need Band-aids and a hug, too!

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Really cute! You did a great job!!

Leave a comment:

• JaneTerese
    replied

Congratulations! (On your pretty quilt, not the injuries-hope you feel better!)

Leave a comment:

• Simply Quilting
    replied

Great job on the quilt!!!

Leave a comment:

• April R
    replied

Pins are my enemy!

Leave a comment:

• Breezed
    replied

Great job. I want to try qayg one day. Very interesting textures too.

I tend to stab myself with pins so I avoid pinning when I can BC I end up with dozens of pricks. Haha

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

That turned out great. I am going to start on one this coming week. Did someone say bandaids? It really is a good thing I have cases of them left from a previous job. Most of the time I am a walking band aid ad. Every time I bump my hand or arms I tear my skin. My hands are a mass of scars now. Terrible, I tell you, just terrible.

Leave a comment:

• Miss Sheri
    replied

Three days ago I cut the tip of my right little finger on a rotary cutter. OUCH.
    Today the same rotary cutter, while laying it down, was still open and I sliced the knuckle of my right middle finger. OUCH!

I am typing today with band-aids wrapped around MY left pointer finger today too! nearly sliced the tip off. I think I need to be in this club too.

April, your quilt is darling, I loved the back as much as the front.

Leave a comment:

• April R
    replied

LOL....*e-hug*

Leave a comment:

• turena65
    replied

Adorable! You should be very proud

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• April R
    replied

Originally posted by welshnanajan View Post
    Lovely quilt, I did a quilt as you go but wasn't happy with the joins on mine
    Yea, if you look close they are wonky because it was my first quilt-as-you-go attempt, but I am going to keep practicing because I want to make another one for the Stillborn Bereavement Support Quilt Group that New York Sue runs.

Leave a comment:

• welshnanajan
    replied

Lovely quilt, I did a quilt as you go but wasn't happy with the joins on mine

Leave a comment:

Working...
X