Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt as you go strip quilt FINISHED!

Well here it is!
    Last edited by April R; January 2nd, 2014, 02:33 PM.
    It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins. ~Chinese Proverb
    sigpic
    There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins. ~Josh Billings

Re: Quilt as you go strip quilt FINISHED!

front
    finished quilt as you go front.jpg
    back
    finished quilt as you go back.jpg
    binding detail
    quilt as you go finished binding detail.jpg
    (I am still working on how to join my binding edges cleanly when I get to the joining point, but I will practice on smaller projects before I tackle my next big quilt)

I am finding I prefer the satin precut blanket binding. I think I might make that my signature. I like a larger binding, like 1" wide or more.

Plus I sustained a few injuries making this quilt. My sewing machine needle caught the tip of my left pointer finger, and my seam ripper stabbed the side of my left thumb. I am a clumsy quilter!
    It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins. ~Chinese Proverb
    sigpic
    There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins. ~Josh Billings

Comment

I love that quilt! It is so cute. I bought Jenny's 10 inch papers and plan to do one myself soon.

This morning, I very stupidly cut my pointer finger on my rotary blade. I stuck my finger too far up the cutter in error, so I understand!
      Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

cute quilt! I like that binding. Good job!
        Sherry

Comment

Originally posted by madampolo View Post
          I love that quilt! It is so cute. I bought Jenny's 10 inch papers and plan to do one myself soon.

This morning, I very stupidly cut my pointer finger on my rotary blade. I stuck my finger too far up the cutter in error, so I understand!
          someone should start a quilter's injuries support group, lol
          sigpic

Comment

Lovely quilt, I did a quilt as you go but wasn't happy with the joins on mine
            Janet
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
            "I'm just catching up with yesterday, by tomorrow I'll be ready for today"

Comment

Originally posted by welshnanajan View Post
              Lovely quilt, I did a quilt as you go but wasn't happy with the joins on mine
              Yea, if you look close they are wonky because it was my first quilt-as-you-go attempt, but I am going to keep practicing because I want to make another one for the Stillborn Bereavement Support Quilt Group that New York Sue runs.
              sigpic

Comment

Quilting Injury Support Group?

Three days ago I cut the tip of my right little finger on a rotary cutter. OUCH.
                Today the same rotary cutter, while laying it down, was still open and I sliced the knuckle of my right middle finger. OUCH!

How do we get support????????????????????

I need Band-aids and a hug, too!
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Adorable! You should be very proud

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post

Three days ago I cut the tip of my right little finger on a rotary cutter. OUCH.
                    Today the same rotary cutter, while laying it down, was still open and I sliced the knuckle of my right middle finger. OUCH!

LOL....*e-hug*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post

I am typing today with band-aids wrapped around MY left pointer finger today too! nearly sliced the tip off. I think I need to be in this club too.

April, your quilt is darling, I loved the back as much as the front.
                      sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

That turned out great. I am going to start on one this coming week. Did someone say bandaids? It really is a good thing I have cases of them left from a previous job. Most of the time I am a walking band aid ad. Every time I bump my hand or arms I tear my skin. My hands are a mass of scars now. Terrible, I tell you, just terrible.
                        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                        sigpic

Comment

Great job. I want to try qayg one day. Very interesting textures too.

I tend to stab myself with pins so I avoid pinning when I can BC I end up with dozens of pricks. Haha
                          Donelle

Comment

Pins are my enemy!
                            sigpic

Comment

Great job on the quilt!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X