My first quilt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first quilt!

I've been sewing for a long time, but the thought of quilting gave me the frights. I finally got brave and this is my first project. It's for a baby girl to be born any day now. On the back (2nd picture) I used my embroidery machine to stitch the name of the baby and a little decorative vine. I blurred out the last name so it looks a little odd.

http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/

Re: My first quilt!

What a wonderful job you did! I love this little baby quilt! You have done so well....Isn't it strange how we let 'quilting' intimidate us....and yet, obviously you are doing great!

Keep it up. Warning though, quilting does become addictive! For sure! Ask anyone!

I love the added embroidery for that personal touch! What an heirloom you have just created for that sweet baby!

Comment

Great job!! and what a special added touch with the embroidery...love it!!
      Michele

Comment

I love you're quilt and the fabric is gorgeous. I got a charm pack of the hushabye but you couldn't really see some of the patterns because the squares were too small. The backing is beautiful and I love the way you've carried the blocks on around the back
        Quilting through the dull times
        northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

This is beautiful!!

I love the colors and it will perfect for that lucky little girl. I would say from one beginner to another, that we do pretty good work.

Always Maggie

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! I'm pretty proud of my first effort and I've started the next one.

Maggie...I agree!
            http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

I love the idea of embroidering the quilt to personalizing it. What a great idea! That is beautiful! Can't wait to see the next one!
              "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful and very special.

Comment

very pretty quilt...great job...

Comment

Working...
                  X