X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jrchapman
    replied
    Re: Baby Quilt for my Great Nephew

I wish you were my Great Aunt, I'd love a quilt like this. Your paper piecing is just gorgeous and the quilting makes it look so snuggly. Well done, I'm sure he'll love it

Leave a comment:

• rebeccas-sewing
    replied

Thanks for your lovely comments, Ladies. Have a great weekend.

Rebecca

Leave a comment:

• Patrice
    replied

just love it. love the pattern the fabric. you did a great job

Leave a comment:

• Mimis-quilts
    replied

that is really cute Rebecca...the little guy will forever have something to remember his Great Auntie for! I have read about paper piecing, but I can't really figure it out...it would be nice to have someone to show me how to do it. Someday....

Leave a comment:

• Freda
    replied

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4465[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4466[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4467[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4468[/ATTACH]

I paper-pieced these trains for my newest great nephew born in January. The stars were super easy to make. They are done with nothing but half-square triangles. I used my walking foot to machine quilt it. I used clear thread in the needle and light blue thread in the bobbin. I'm really pleased with how puffy it came out after washing and drying it in the dryer. Really makes the quilting stand out. On the back will be the baby's birth info. along with "Created by Aunt Rebecca" that I embroidered with my embroidery machine. I'll hand sew it to the back of the quilt. Most of the time, I embroider directly on the backing. This time I'm applying it separately and will border it with the green fabric to make it look like another block.

What a great gift... I'm sure it's going to be well loved!

Leave a comment:

• rebeccas-sewing
    replied

I had to laugh at your quilting comment, Mama. Talk about an ego boost! If you're down and depressed just put something up for our friends to see and they are guaranteed to brighten your day.

Leave a comment:

• mamaquilt
    replied

Just a marvellous quilt. I'm sure your Great Nephew will like it as much at least as all the quilting ladies do.

Leave a comment:

• Sunnyok
    replied

Rebecca, that quilt for your nephew is amazing. I love the colors. I wish i knew somone having a little boy.

Leave a comment:

• sassyquilter
    replied

The trains, the stars, the colors......gorgeous. Makes you want to just wrap a baby in it! Tooooo Cute!

Leave a comment:

• LanaMonteith
    replied

What a wonderful gift for a little one. I love the colors, and I'm sure mom and babywill also. What a great job you've done, again!

Leave a comment:

• MissieP
    replied

I love how puffy it is too!! looks so comfy..its beautiful!! what a lucky little boy.

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

That is so cute! Trains would be a big hit with any little boy.

Leave a comment:

• LynneLeavell
    replied

Rebecca - very nice job. The color's are super great. I know your Great Nephew will thoroughly enjoy it. I hope his mother puts it up when he outgrows it so he can give it to his son when he has one. Again Great Job.

Lynne

Leave a comment:

• CherylR
    replied

Rebecca,

How very cute and what a great gift for a new baby and his Mom. I love the paper piecing, will have to check out the website you mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• tamsterg7
    replied

How cute! I love the way the quilting makes it look puffy and I am sure he is going to love it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X