Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jrchapman
    replied
    Re: A couple of projects in the works...

That Lone star is stunning. It really looks as if the colours are radiating from the centre. Absolutely lovely x

Leave a comment:

• Mimis-quilts
    replied

Originally posted by patticakes View Post
    Mimi - love your Lone Star and scrappy quilt! Your quilt frame is a dream too but I would never have room for it <sigh>.
    I don't have room for my quilt frame either, but my husband would rather it be in the living room taking up space than to have it upstairs in my sewing area and me up there working on it when he is home. He doesn't mind me working on it, just likes to be in the same room with me...

Leave a comment:

• Mimis-quilts
    replied

Pat, I saw a picture of one like it in one of the quilting magazines and decided to make one. I just followed the picture for the lay out...I called it the scrap quilt because I used scraps to make it. It was easy and went together quickly. Each square is 3x3 inches.
    Feel free to copy mine...have fun!
    Pat

Leave a comment:

• Mimis-quilts
    replied

Sandy it wasn't too bad...I found an easy way to make it in a quilting book... using strips sewn together. I can scan it and send it to you if you like.
    Pat

Leave a comment:

• Pat Miller
    replied

Is the name of the very colorful quilt, "Scrap Quilt?" If not, is there somewhere I can find directions to make one like it. I love the colors!!

Pat

Leave a comment:

• Mimis-quilts
    replied

Well...I never put 2 & 2 together about the puzzles and quilting, but now that it has been brought to my attention, you are all totally right! My mother and I both loved to put puzzles together...when she passed away I found all her puzzles in the basement and had to bring them home with me. She also loved to make quilts...as a matter of fact I learned by watching her!

About the credit card and the phone...seems the phone is always at arms reach away, however, the credit card isn't (but using an old one as a straight edge is a good idea!) I was actually waiting on a phone call from my son in Florida because he was setting up a fishing trip for us when we go down in May and I needed to pay for it. One thing I don't like to do is shop (with the exception of going to JoAnn Fabrics or Michaels or anywhere else that I can purchase fabric) so Home Shopping Network is definitely out.

That Lone Star actually went together pretty easily using the strip method. I found how to make it in a quilt book (of course!). Thanks for all the compliments...makes me feel good!
    Pat

Leave a comment:

• Freda
    replied

Wow... that lone star is stunning! Very nice job....

Leave a comment:

• Kim Pettis Thompson
    replied

wow, your work is great. I am sure your friend will love it!

Leave a comment:

• Loonwatcher
    replied

Love both quilts. The photos on your cousin's quilt make it so special and I love the lone star. They scare me! Love the colors.

Leave a comment:

• mrswindy4
    replied

My guess is Mimi was watching a home shopping channel while quilting...

Love the lone star!! Thats my favorite block that I will never master!! lol

Leave a comment:

• jbquilter
    replied

Love the quilts. I too was wondering about the credit card.....what are you using it for? I'm thinking marking your quilting lines as you go? I also have a large 3 rail hand quilting frame that my husband made for me and enjoy the hours spent using it. It is my form of relaxation.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

Originally posted by llm161 View Post
    Besides the CC, check out the phone. Nothing like multi-tasking. LOL!.
    I thought perhaps mimi had found a new use for an old card as in using it as a tool somehow but combined with the phone maybe she was phone ordering from MSQC while quilting...

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

Mimi - love your Lone Star and scrappy quilt! Your quilt frame is a dream too but I would never have room for it <sigh>.

Leave a comment:

• sassyquilter
    replied

Beautiful projects! That star looks great.

Leave a comment:

• MissieP
    replied

both of your quilts are fantastic.. very pretty!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X