A couple of projects in the works...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of projects in the works...

The star quilt is my first attempt at a Lone Star quilt...so far so good! Hope I have it done by Christmas as it is for my son and daughter-in-law. The scrap quilt is for my cousin...she is a photographer and has graciously taken pictures of my family for years...this is a "thank you quilt". It's about 1/4 quilted...ugh! : ) The pictures on the quilt are of her and I growing up.
    Attached Files
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Re: A couple of projects in the works...

Wonderful projects. Love the idea of the thank you quilt with the pictures. And, I really think you are brave to attempt the Lone Star!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Mimi the quilts are beautiful, I especially love the Lone Star but yhen I'm a real nut about purple / turquoise colours.

I'm curious about the need for a credit card while hand quilting.

What I liked a lot was in your first photo...the stacks of jigsaw puzzles. I have found so many quilters who like to do jigsaws. It must be the similarity of putting together small pieces or maybe just the pattern recognition thing or playing with colour, who knows but it seems to be quite common.
      Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

I love the lonestar quilt, beautiful colors. I envy people who have the patience to hand quilt, one day I will do at least one quilt by hand.
        :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

Mimi - I really like your Lone Star. Haven't tried one yet, but seeing yours, I might one day.

Lynn - I noticed the stack of jigsaws too and had the same idea as you. Jigsaws = assembling pieces/ quilting and patchworking = assembling scraps. A couple of weeks ago I did one of 2000 (see in my album)

greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
          sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Lots of lovely work there Mimi and I love the piccies of you hand quilting (you are Pat aren't you - apologies if I've got it wrong). It may be only one quarter finished but what a wonderful gift, you should be very very proud. And the Lone Star, well ...WOW ... what can I say!!!

I was also a mad-keen jigsaw puzzler until I started putting little pieces of fabric together so I think you might be right Lynn.

Mary B.

Comment

Mimi
              what lovely lovely lovely work! Sure wish I had a frame like yours. Sigh. I am always having a huge bundle in my lap, lol. What a wonderful idea to have pics of you and your cousin in the quilt.
              As with our Lynn and Michele, I noticed the puzzles as well. More than plenty winter evenings have seen hubs and myself working them.
              Many blessings
              Blondie
              Sewing mends the soul.
              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I love how crisp and clean your blocks look. I like your frame also. Besides the CC, check out the phone. Nothing like multi-tasking. LOL!.
                Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
                "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

both of your quilts are fantastic.. very pretty!

Comment

Beautiful projects! That star looks great.
                    To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
                    Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

Mimi - love your Lone Star and scrappy quilt! Your quilt frame is a dream too but I would never have room for it <sigh>.
                      Patti
                      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Originally posted by llm161 View Post
                        Besides the CC, check out the phone. Nothing like multi-tasking. LOL!.
                        I thought perhaps mimi had found a new use for an old card as in using it as a tool somehow but combined with the phone maybe she was phone ordering from MSQC while quilting...
                        Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Love the quilts. I too was wondering about the credit card.....what are you using it for? I'm thinking marking your quilting lines as you go? I also have a large 3 rail hand quilting frame that my husband made for me and enjoy the hours spent using it. It is my form of relaxation.
                          jbquilter :icon_wave:

Comment

My guess is Mimi was watching a home shopping channel while quilting...

Love the lone star!! Thats my favorite block that I will never master!! lol
                            ~Mary
                            As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Love both quilts. The photos on your cousin's quilt make it so special and I love the lone star. They scare me! Love the colors.
                              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X