Jelly Rolls aren't just for quilts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jelly Rolls aren't just for quilts!

So I posted awhile ago a picture of my first baby quilt. Then I decided to use the leftover jelly roll to make a carseat cover! So here is the finished product! I also made a cute stuffed block from the matching charm pack!

I used the jelly roll to reinforce where the straps and buckles come through and also for the binding around the edge.
    I will also use some of it to make the canopy.

Re: Jelly Rolls aren't just for quilts!

Very Cute! Did you make your own pattern? I also am loving the baby quilt in the background!

Comment

Oh my goodness!! I LOVE IT!! What fabulous ideas for all those strips of fabric! You have completely amazed me!
      Thanks for posting these pics!

Comment

What a great idea! I might have to try that one since I have 2 babies in car seats.

Comment

wow. that is so good. i love it.

ya know some of the best part about this craft. is making the stitches go from point A to point B.. and that is all you have to think about.. and you do it for your kids... great job... we appreciate you works. keep um coming and how did you get it to fit on the seat.. details please... like how to measure the curve for the bucket??
          Gina from Mpls.
          all the best
          Gina

Comment

Originally posted by ginampls
            wow. that is so good. i love it.

ya know some of the best part about this craft. is making the stitches go from point A to point B.. and that is all you have to think about.. and you do it for your kids... great job... we appreciate you works. keep um coming and how did you get it to fit on the seat.. details please... like how to measure the curve for the bucket??
            Gina from Mpls.
            The original car seat cover was worn out so I picked it apart and used it as the pattern and sewed the new fabric right over the top of the old one! No measuring or anything. The binding only took two strips from my jelly roll and I sewed it on exactly as you would the binding on a quilt. If you decide to do this just make sure that you label and mark everything just like you would a regular pattern. That way you can fit it back together. Thanks for the comments!

Comment

Working...
            X