2 Christmas Presents down....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Christmas Presents down....

and only 2 more to go. So I figure I'm ahead of the game. THe other picture didn't load, but wanted to show off this one. THis is made with Barbara Brackment Civil War Homefront turnover pack, 6 fat quarters and yardage for the back and binding.

Teresa

Civil War Homefront.jpg

Re: 2 Christmas Presents down....

Sew cute! Love the colors.
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Good for you - thinking of Christmas in April!! Cute quilt - is the other one done in those same pretty colors?

Comment

Good job, love the turnovers for your border!
        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Love it! Great job. It never hurts to get ahead of the game.I need to take a page from your book. I wait til the last minute

Comment

Very nice, someone is going to be very happy come Christmas!
            :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

Very nice ! Isn't it more fun to stitch when not under pressure?

Comment

That's so pretty! The colors are great and I love the pieced border. Well done.
                Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Totally jealous that you are working/finishing Christmas - but love the colors and the way you used the turnovers!

Comment

Nice. I like the border the best. Are the large blocks quilted with designs or stippled (?)? I can't tell from the pic.
                    Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
                    "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

My hubby is saying that I should make quilts for Xmas. First he says we're cutting back, then he says I should make quilts. . . . does he think the fabric comes from the sky? The batting? Maybe I should start using his CC. LOL!
                      Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
                      "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

Let's see if I can answer all of the questions in one post.

No, the other quilt is a bit different (larger). I used 9 fat quarters and yardage for the borders, backing and binding. It's all done is wild tie-dyed colors for my 15 year old step-daughter.

No, the large squares are not quilted at all. I just stitched around each fat quarter and the two borders.

Did I forget anything? Thanks for all of the wonderful comments. I really appreciate it.

Comment

very pretty.. love the civil war fabrics!! what a great gift!!

Comment

Love the fabric, you have inspired me to start my christmas projects
                            To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
                            Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

Originally posted by llm161 View Post
                              My hubby is saying that I should make quilts for Xmas. First he says we're cutting back, then he says I should make quilts. . . . does he think the fabric comes from the sky? The batting? Maybe I should start using his CC. LOL!
                              ayb

Maybe he still believes in Santa Claus???'
                              sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Working...
                              X