Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couple of finished quilts.

test2.jpgtest3.jpgtest6.jpgtest9.jpg

My first quilts using my Mom's machine quilter.

The Dresden quilt is priceless. My Mom, Hubby and each of my 3 kids quilted a row.

I love the green thread on the black border of tumbler quilt.

Re: couple of finished quilts.

how wonderful they look, I'm especially liking that tumbler quilt!!! Great colors and looks just right to snuggle in! Beautiful, I only wish I could do that good. Maybe someday........

Comment

What kind of quilter does your mom have? Did you find it pretty easy to use? Did you do free-motion or follow a stencil?
      Originally posted by MissieP View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]4345[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4343[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4344[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4346[/ATTACH]

My first quilts using my Mom's machine quilter.

The Dresden quilt is priceless. My Mom, Hubby and each of my 3 kids quilted a row.

I love the green thread on the black border of tumbler quilt.
      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

They are fabulous, Missie! Love the dresden! Need to use my tumbler template!
        Thanks for inspiration.
        Sewing mends the soul.
        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Love them! I bought the dresden template but haven't had time to try it. Is that what you used?

Comment

Missie, these are great! The colors of the tumbler are my faves. The quilting is fabulous. The sentimental value of the dresden is just what quilts are all about. Great job!
            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Missie, just beautiful. Love the Dresden quilt.
              Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Beautiful quilts. I just finished a quilt using the Origins line as well. Aren't the colours fabulous! Now I know why you liked my pictures yesterday!

Patti
                Last edited by psha; April 8, 2011, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Your quilts are all so beautiful....someday I hopeto be able to make nice quilts like this. I am a newbie at quilting have completed a few but have never tackled the free motion thing. I took a beginner course last night and was quite disappointed I never learned anything more than I have learned online. This site it is the absolute best for me to learn anything but think that I will continue to bring my quilts to a professional to finish after all the work I put into it I want them to look good. I love the Dressen bt it scares me I can only imagine what mine would like like....thanks for the inspiration!!

Comment

The quilts are very beautiful. The colors are nice in all of them. Great job.

Lynne Leavell

Comment

debbie.....dont let the Dresden intimidate you. It is very easy to do...honest!! I bet if you gave it a try, you'd do great at it!
                      I still take my quilts to a pro...that really does intimidate me right now. I'm just beginning to try my hand at stitching in the ditch withh small wall-hangings.

Missie...Great job on all your quilts, they look fantastic!!!! Love the quilting when it pops out at you, like yours does!!
                      ~Mary
                      As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Debbie, if you use the dresden ruler they are soo easy!! I did them after watching Jenny's tutorial and I was amazed that it came out perfect! Get the ruler by Ms. Zimmerman. If I can do it, you can! And it leaves you with such a satisfied feeling of accomplishment.
                        Missy your quilts are drop dead gorgeous! I love the yellow and black on the tumbler. It's so pretty. I have to get that ruler! First I am going to try the half-hexie ruler as my friend surprised me with one as a gift. It makes the hexi so easy to do, with no wasted fabric. You can use a jellyroll to make a quilt. I also think you could use a charm pack if your very careful to lining it up right. Love what you have done Missy and Debbie you can do it. The Dresden is really easy to do and it looks like you had to work so hard. But you don't. Hugs, Jan L
                        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Great Job Missie! Love the dresdens and the tumblers - will we be seeing fans soon???
                          Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                          hugs, Suzi
                          http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                          it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

I love love the tumbler quilt. It is on my short list of quilts to do. I was hoping to get a Go machine to do the cutting. Very nice that your family helped to quilt.

Comment

Your quilts are very beautiful, I love that you got your family involved and they did a fantastic job.
                              :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

Working...
                              X