What are you working on now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you working on now?

I haven't been able to sew much for the past week or two. Finally finished piecing my top for Quilts for Kids. Got it layered and started quilting it today after Paige went back to Rutgers.

I feel like my quilting is a little rusty and wish I had warmed up more before starting on the quilt itself. I did big looping concentric circles in the middle of the quilt, now filling in all the sides, corners, etc. It's going quickly and it's a small quilt.

I'd love to see what others are working on!
    Attached Files
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Re: What are you working on now?

I finished a "scrappy" baby quilt from some left over fabric. I stippled it--I getting a little more confident with it. I also started a baby version of "Summer in the Park". I'm using yardage instead of jelly rolls. I'm having a time with it--flipping the ruler--thinking those revolving mats might come in handy. Later tonight though--it's BASKETBALL--GO BIG BLUE!!
    Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

I'm planning a table runner using wonky waves of blue, teal and beige as a rememberance of our vacation in Florida. Also have a tote bag in the works.
      ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I just finished a pillow case and a panel to make another tote out of. Gotta finish the tote but it won't be tonight. Just posted pics in show and tell. I love your monkey quilt. Sewwwww cute!!!

Comment

You have done a great job rusty or not. It will come back.
          Suzette

Comment

it looks great. along with all the projects i get side tracked on i am still working on my sons graduation quilt. the deadline is coming quick
            Patrice

Comment

Did the second BOM for my local quilt guild this morning: Second Block BOM.JPG

I am not trusted with pointy things.

BTW this block was designed by the male quilter in our QG. He has twelve different blocks - this is the first one. DH decided this would be 'his' quilt (great with me - at least it will remain in our home) and chose the colors (although not the actual fabric). The first block I made was 'off' and I had reversed the red and gray fabrics. Like the red in the center more.
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Love your little monkeys.
                Originally posted by debinmalaga View Post
                I haven't been able to sew much for the past week or two. Finally finished piecing my top for Quilts for Kids. Got it layered and started quilting it today after Paige went back to Rutgers.

I feel like my quilting is a little rusty and wish I had warmed up more before starting on the quilt itself. I did big looping concentric circles in the middle of the quilt, now filling in all the sides, corners, etc. It's going quickly and it's a small quilt.

I'd love to see what others are working on!
                :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

I put the binding on a quilt and made a table runner.
                  :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

I'm finally working on putting my dresden plates together.

Debbie I think the quilt looks so cute. Also like how your quilting makes the monkeys look like they're swinging on some of them.
                    Shelia

Comment

Sandy, love that block. It looks really hard; lots of pieces. Great job. I like your DH's choice of colors.
                      ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I just finished my first pieced quilt top - and now it needs to be quilted. I am taking a FM class this coming Saturday, but I think I am too afraid of messing up the quilt to do it. Maybe I will start with something very small, like a potholder or something. If I ruined that beautiful quilt after the hours of piecing I would have to cry.

Comment

I'm working on getting my sewing room back in order........you wouldn't believe the fabric I keep coming across.....it seems to be growing in there. I worked on a dresden plate I've been playing with. One of those just practice thingees. And I finished a table runner today. All in all I think I'm making some progress. Unless I find more fabric. I may have to come back in another life to use all of it!!!! And I see so much more I love. Helpppppppppppp. There must be a 12 step program that will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Lana Monteith View Post
                            I'm working on getting my sewing room back in order........you wouldn't believe the fabric I keep coming across.....it seems to be growing in there. I worked on a dresden plate I've been playing with. One of those just practice thingees. And I finished a table runner today. All in all I think I'm making some progress. Unless I find more fabric. I may have to come back in another life to use all of it!!!! And I see so much more I love. Helpppppppppppp. There must be a 12 step program that will help.
                            When you find the 12 step programm, will youn share it on this forum please. I badly need it too, as I keep adding on my to do list.
                            sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Deb, really like what you are doing
                              Sandy, love that block. Little pointy things are my challenge.
                              Sewing mends the soul.
                              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Working...
                              X