Move over Vera Bradley, I found Simplicity 2600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Move over Vera Bradley, I found Simplicity 2600

These are awesome! Have your family and friends seen this? I bet a lot of them would love one of these for Christmas - I know I would!
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Originally posted by ilive2craft2 View Post
      These are awesome! Have your family and friends seen this? I bet a lot of them would love one of these for Christmas - I know I would!
      Thanks Lisa, Yes, my young adult daughter especially wants a hanging toiletry bag!
      sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

He, he! Vera needs some competition! These are excellent!
        Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

OK, I confess, the title is a bit misleading, I don't really plan on putting these on the market. I just wanted to see if I could do one that I liked as well or better than her expensive ones! And I truly DO! Thanks again, for all your kind remarks.
          sigpicMiss Sheri

Comment

I think Vera shoild be scared, very scared! I think yours looks awesome

Comment

I see another pattern in my future...thank you!
              Grace-Ann

What I make with my hands, I give with my heart.

Comment

Simply wow! Love it!
                Quilters are the nicest people. :icon_wave:

add me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elbquilts
                follow me on instagram : elbquilts

Comment

In the pattern, the Tote Bag, (Not Shown) has a reinforced bottom, with instructions on how to do that. I forgot, I did that too for the Travel Bag. It gives it a nice flat bottom, even when fully packed.

I just made a sleeve and slipped in a piece of the under-laying flooring board in it, the same stuff Jenny uses in making her ironing board (It's actually a leftover piece from making my own ironing board). It can be pulled out for washing the bag.
                  sigpicMiss Sheri

Comment

Your colors are cool. I am going to get that pattern. I don't travel much, but the times I do for over night, I am always searching for something to put things in! SOmetimes I get tired of quilting and don't have anything else to do...this would be perfect for those times! Thanks for the pattern!
                    Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

Bravo, lady. You done good! I've got a V.B. question but thought I should do a search to see if it's already out there and found your post.

So, how was your trip with your stylish self?
                      sigpic

http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Comment

Awww sookie sookie now! I have been wondering what I shall do when it comes to the bottom of a tote. I thought about flooring and cutting it out. Can't wait to go find out what this piece is. I really like the removeable for washing feature. Just makes sense. My hands have lotion and what not on them so I'll be wanting to wash my items a lot.

Now, what's this about making your own ironing board? Geesh, folk here are so smart. Off to find that because I have a table top thingy which ain't doing these days.

Originally posted by Miss Sheri View Post
                        In the pattern, the Tote Bag, (Not Shown) has a reinforced bottom, with instructions on how to do that. I forgot, I did that too for the Travel Bag. It gives it a nice flat bottom, even when fully packed.

I just made a sleeve and slipped in a piece of the under-laying flooring board in it, the same stuff Jenny uses in making her ironing board (It's actually a leftover piece from making my own ironing board). It can be pulled out for washing the bag.
                        sigpic

http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Comment

Wow!! Great work!

Comment

The bags are beautiful and I love your choice of fabrics! Awesome job. I sure hope my GD's don't see these or I'll be locked up in my sewing room! Seriously, I'd tell Vera to move over!

Comment

wow, I want that roll up makeup bag!
                              It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins. ~Chinese Proverb
                              sigpic
                              There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins. ~Josh Billings

Comment

Nice Job. I really like the color combos. Your homemade ones are special, and can be used for different events than the old ones under the beds can be used for.
                                Michele

She who dies with the biggest fabric stash wins.....:icon_razz:

Life just seems to get in the way of quilting.

Comment

Working...
                                X