Totes-aka- lesson in frustration 101!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totes-aka- lesson in frustration 101!

Well, I tried my hand at making a couple of totes. The first one (brown and blue) was quite easy and just a basic tote. THEN, I moved on to a recessed zipper tote(green). I learned a few things about myself doing this one. My seam ripper has become my new best friend. I'm thinking of naming her and setting a place for her at the dinner table! Second, I am apparently a very visual learner..over and over again! I am also stubborn. When my zipper foot wouldn't work, I had the option of just doing it by hand..maybe 15 minutes worth of work. Nope! Instead, I spent over an hour trying to sew it with a regular foot. As I said..stubborn.
    I think I need therapy over that one.
    However in the end I did finish it, and I must say I think it is rather cute.

Re: Totes-aka- lesson in frustration 101!

yes... definitely very cute ! Love the colors, especially on the green and black one ! I want to make one but the instructions that I have are a little confusing !

Kelley

Comment

They are both really cute Kelley .... thanks for sharing your photos. I have found a few that are confusing also. I want a tote that has lots of pockets... so I'm still searching
      Hugs
      Mia
      ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
      Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
      (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Youur bags are very cute!
        I've been sewing for years are there are still things that give me fits! Recessed zippers are are one of those things!
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Very nice!! Love the brown and blue one!

Did you use a paper pattern for that one, or did you find the pattern online? I'm looking for a basic pattern, my Grand daughter (3) needs something she can carry all her Littlest Pet Shop toys around in...they multiply!
          ~Mary
          As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Those are so cute. I just bought a pattern but won't have time to try it out for a while. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Really cute bags! Good job!
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

They both turned out great! Me and zippers - that's another story.

Hugs,
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Very beautiful. I'm not brave enough to do a zipper (although I'd love a zippered bag). Last (and only) zipper I ever put in was in Jr. High sewing class - way back in 1968 - OMG!
                  ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

They both turned out wonderful. I love them
                    Suzette

Comment

Great job! They are both great. I especially like the blue one.

Comment

Oh - so sorry you had all that frustration. But, your bags are beautiful and I'm sure the next zipper will be much easier!

Comment

The bags are very cute! I haven't tried to make one YET...hopefully soon though.
                          Angela:icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I love them. very practical and very cute. I fall im love with the blue fabric... What did you used?
                            Maggie
                            Quilting with a friend will keep you in stitches.

Comment

It was well worth all the hard work, they are both really beautiful bags. Well Done xx

Comment

Working...
                              X