Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a wee carrier for my youngest granddaughter - my very first FMQ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a wee carrier for my youngest granddaughter - my very first FMQ!

LOL And of course this meant that the back of the sandwich wasn't perfect...
    This was last spring/summer, and I tested on a remnant after Nea's bed spread to find out
    HOW hard this was...

I couldn't throw this first attempt away so
    I made it into a carrier for wee Linnea so she could take her doll both to the beach
    and on the islands during her vacation: as we all know wheels and sand/rocks are ill matched...

I just lined and added handles, boxed etc. + some sunshading for extra bright days! LOL

This is the object you see in my avatar, btw.

Hugs from Eva Mari
    Last edited by Emmari; March 16, 2011, 05:16 PM.
    Fabric purchases require no justification!
    A stash must be carefully and constantly built. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Re: a wee carrier for my youngest granddaughter - my very first FMQ!

Wow! I love this!! I bet any little girl would love to have this to carry her doll babies around in!!
    ~Mary
    As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

How sweet!!!!

Comment

Just adorable! Thanks for sharing! What a lucky little girl!
        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

This is really lovely.

Comment

that is so sweet. did you follow a pattern or make up your own?(thinking of my GD here)
            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

What a cute idea. I have 3 nieces and their birthdays are coming up. I may make them some of these x
              Quilting through the dull times
              northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Just what every little girl needs. Great job and love the happy colors.
                Sewing mends the soul.
                sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Sooo cute. Love the pokka dots. Lucky little girl!
                  ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

That is really neat. Very nice spring colours too!! Thanks for sharing.
                    sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Thank you so much for all your kind remarks, ladies! Hugs!

The fabric was a remnant from the fabrics for the bedspread
                      made from Moda's Love you, Pretty pink

I bought that pack on line from Fat Quarter Shop,
                      in addition to a jelly roll of Love U from Etsy.
                      Last edited by Emmari; March 17, 2011, 06:18 AM.
                      A stash must be carefully and constantly built. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Comment

That is so adorable. I may have to make one for my daughter. (Also Linnea - LOL) Did you have a pattern you used or did you just "wing-it"?

Comment

You do really great work! Love the carrier and the quilt.
                          Patti
                          "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Thank you so much, ladies! I winged it for my youngest granddaughter's second birthday!

Comment

A beautiful gift your daughter will forever remember you making !

Comment

Working...
                              X