vickies quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vickies quilt

update it's done vickies quilt is done...
    november 18 , 2009..

Hi all. I said i would post my new project. so here it is just got the border finished today( oct 6,2009)
    this is vic's quilt my sis in law.
    okay what do you all think? all the best Gina from mpls.[attachment=0:4zrtkimr]100_0907.jpg[/attachment:4zrtkimr]
    all the best
    Gina

Re: vickies quilt

Oooh! Look at those pretty batiks! Love them! You are doing a fabulous job, Gina!! Way to go! Your sister in law is gonna LOVE it!

Comment

love the batiks!! great job!!
      Michele

Comment

I've always looked at the batiks in the shop but I found them a little scary. I'd never seen a project made up in them before and that is gorgeous! I love the depth and texture the dyed fabrics give. It has a sense of freedom you don't get with printed fabrics and I love your colour combinations. You have a very lucky sister in law.
        Quilting through the dull times
        northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

It looks great! I haven't made a quilt with all batiks yet. I love the vibrancy they bring to a project. You did a fabulous job!
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

thank you so much, i did make some errors, a few blocks got turned around, vickie said she didn't care. so no biggie.
            but it is only three different fabric for the blocks. and two borders.. five different fabrics for the blocks...
            i think i will try this one again..
            Gina from Mpls.
            all the best
            Gina

Comment

[quote="ginampls"]thank you so much, i did make some errors, a few blocks got turned around, vickie said she didn't care. so no biggie.
              but it is only three different fabric for the blocks. and two borders.. five different fabrics for thewhole thing, plus backing 6 diffwerent fwbric
              i think i will try this one again..
              Gina from Mpls.
              all the best
              Gina

Comment

very pretty....

Comment

Gina, I love all the colors... Wendi from south of Mpls...

Comment

Gina, what a fabulous job!
                    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

COLOR, COLOR, COLOR!!!! I LOVE BRIGHT COLORS! I think it is beautiful! I would be a happy recipient of this quilt. I am sure she was as well.

Everyone makes mistakes. Don't worry so much about it. If you don't tell anyone that there are mistakes, most people don't even notice them. I make mistakes all the time. I chalk it up to a learning experience.
                      My user name is FunkiQuilter, but you can call me Funki for short. (Pronounced Funky.) I inherited the name from my cousin because of my love for unusual things.

Comment

Working...
                      X