20 years in the making.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 years in the making.....

I made this in a class (mostly) I took 20 years ago. I set out to hand quilt it, got it almost done and then threw it in a closet for near-on 20 years. After I found the MSQC, I was inspired to drag it out. I found I only had two blocks and the borders to finish. I hand did the two blocks then machined the borders.

But thought I would finally share it, so I took pics today. (I've been using it for two months now bt really need to give it it's first wash......)

The backing is the same as the multi print.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files

Re: 20 years in the making.....

Beautiful, Leigh. I thought I had the Worlds Record on completing UFOs - 18 years on my patchwork neck-tie quilt. Great job. Love your colors, too.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Leigh - love this quilt! You sound like me, I started quilting again in 2009 after taking an extended break from it and was inspired when I found the MSQC! Thanks for sharing this beauty. Once you wash quilts they take on that lovely vintage look that I just adore!
      Patti
      Patti
      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

I love the colors you used. It is a beautiful quilt. I have a lady who owns a quilt shop that I won all the fabric for a quilt top from. I was ashamed I haven't even started it yet it's been almost 2 years. So I told her I was sorry and she said not to worry, it's just percolating! She was very kind seeing as how I figure I've been just lazy and keep putting it on the back shelf. lol I will get to it someday.
        Have a good day and nice work, Jan L
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

That's beautiful! I love the colors. I just finished a quilt top that had been hiding out for about 5 years. Felt so good to get it done.
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

congrats on finishing a project. your quilt really is beautiful. fun bright colors too. u r an inspiration!

Comment

Leigh that is a gorgeous quilts. I really do love the colors and it feels even more wonderful because you've had it so long...... and finally finished it.
              Really beautiful and thank you for sharing

Hugs
              Mia
              ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
              Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
              (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

What a beautiful quilt!! It is amazing to me how fast we can accomplish something if we just get it out and GET to it! You are an inspiration!! Thanks for sharing the pics with us!

Comment

Congratulations, it's a beautiful quilt.
                  Sandra
                  Swansea, UK

Comment

Ooooh - love the colors! And the pattern too - don't think I've seen that one before.
                    You win the Kudos prize today for getting it out and getting it finished!

Hugs,
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Crangrats, you certainly have claimed your own Mt Everest. How it feel that Its finally over? Surely something warm inside, for sure... Is beautiful.
                      Maggie
                      Quilting with a friend will keep you in stitches.

Comment

How pretty - I love the colors - and your persistence in finishing it!

Comment

Amazing and breath takingly beautiful!!
                          And I'm in awe when it comes to your dealing with UFOs, - I guess we all have them? LOL
                          Fabric purchases require no justification!
                          A stash must be carefully and constantly built. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Comment

when i get to finishing a quilt... i get these tingles.... love the tingles.... very very nice!!! so ya gonna start another one?? they make it seem easy here...
                            all the best
                            Gina

Comment

Thank you everyone. I was pretty proud of myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X