1st Quilt Project - Handbag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Quilt Project - Handbag

I think it came out ok. Don't look too closely at the quilting. I followed the tutorial for the tote and added a flap. When I do another I think I'll attached the strap after; probably by hand. Too many layers to sew through and I don't think it was very well attached using the tut method. Also think I might have used too thick a batting. It was just something I had. Because of the thickness and the fact that the bag is much smaller than the one in the tut and managed to get the strap twisted....sheesh

I was so involved in the bag design, some tension problems and trying to stiffen up the strap that I completely forgot to sew a pocket onto the lining for my Kindle until it was too late.

Not good enough for a gift but it is good enough for me to use on vacation. I leave the cold northeast for Florida on Tuesday. Can't wait.
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Re: 1st Quilt Project - Handbag

What part of Florida are you going?In June we are going to Venice Florida.I love your bag,there is no bag police

Comment

Going to Marco Island; southwest part.
      ;)Nancy

Comment

That looks like a great place lot's of water and WARM

Comment

Kindle?I'm not sure what they do?

Comment

Your bag is really cute, love the flowers on the flap, great fabric choices.
            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

And now she's hooked, too. Enjoy your trip and plan on additional bags to make when you get back home. Believe me, you will want to keep perfecting your work and will need a bag for each day of the week, each outfit . . .
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Ha ha I love it when someone gets hooked on sewing.. Love the bag. We learn from our mistakes. Looks real good to me.Have a wonderful time on your trip!!

Comment

Nice bag--perfect size for vacation!
                  Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

love you bag and your colors. great job.

Comment

You are one of us now! Your bag looks great, I love the flap on front. Thanks for sharing! Have a good time on your trip and enjoy for all of us who couldn't go with you. LOL
                      Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

That turned out very nice. Have a great trip. Be safe.
                        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Thank you all. You're right. I'm hooked. I have so many projects in mind not to mention all the ideas I've gotten from you.
                          ;)Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by Connie Chamberlain View Post
                            Kindle?I'm not sure what they do?
                            they are for electronic books.. you order books and they get stored in the Kindle or noks, i want one... save a tree..
                            all the best
                            Gina

Comment

Connie, A Kindle is an electronic reader. Carry hundreds of books in just a little thing. Great for traveling.
                              ;)Nancy

Comment

Working...
                              X