A Spring table runner I made today for a birthday pressie for my sis in law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Spring table runner I made today for a birthday pressie for my sis in law

Had to make her something on short notice but thanks to Jenny I knew how.
    I started in the middle with some strips I had cut and did the quilt as you go:
    I'm a right one trick pony but I like the way they look!

The "handstitching" is a decorative seam on my brand new Singer Confidence 7470:
    invisible thread and high tension when it comes to the top thread and
    a sturdy cotton quilting thread in the bobbin. Love the way that came out!

Hugs from Eva Mari
    Fabric purchases require no justification!
    A stash must be carefully and constantly built. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Re: A Spring table runner I made today for a birthday pressie for my sis in law

Love the colors, springy - yet perfect for St. Paddy's day! Nice job!!1

Comment

Ooooh - pretty! Loving the green and can't wait until my grass looks like that.
      I'm sure she'll love it!

Hugs,
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Love the green colors. It's beautiful.
        Suzette

Comment

That is SO cute. I love it.

Comment

Those are so pretty ..... wow......... just lovely
            Hugs
            Mia
            ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
            Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
            (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Very pretty! Good job!
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

So cute...love the green colors.
                ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I like this a lot. The only time I've ever tried using two different types of thread I had lots of tension issues and I read in my manual to use only the same type of thread in the bobbin as the top. How did you adjust to mange this? I really am interested in this technique.
                  Lin

Comment

Thank you all so very much for your very kind comments!

Lin, the manual for this particular seam calls for high tension in the top thread and that was what I did.

I always test things on scrap with batting as the real work will have and I have used different threads without trouble so far. *Knocks self on head*

Hugs from Eva Mari
                    Fabric purchases require no justification!
                    A stash must be carefully and constantly built. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X