Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been having "one of THOSE days" for a week now

sigh.

Life certainly can be challenging sometimes, and not much can beat the special challenge young adult children bring!

I have had these projects I simply HAD! to get done. Hard when life is soooo very hard right now. But I did get one finished and in the hands of the recipient. A baby quilt for my husbands good friend at work. Baby is due any day now.
    here it is before I quilted it:

here is the back. This is micro chamois

Now I have 2 quilts to make for my dad he wants to give to his sisters. He picked the pattern from a few I showed him, and I embellished to make it more personal. The pattern is Spring Sprouts by Laundry Basket Quilts.

They will both be different, so here is the 1st one's few blocks I have started. They are not stitched down yet, just fused on with Misty Fuse.

Cathryn

Re: been having "one of THOSE days" for a week now

Cathryn, love the baby quilt. The whales are adorable! These appliques are beautiful. It will be so pretty.......can't wait to see these finished! Keep us posted!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

The baby quilt is beautiful. Love the stitching. The appliqués are pretty. Like the addition of the frog.

Comment

All are lovely! Each more than the next.
        My friends call me Peggy
        The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

The baby quilt is adorable and I just love the stitchind on the back. Applique looks great and can't wait to see those finished.

Comment

Love the whales and I especially Love the frogs! You have still found time to do a lot of work...don't be too hard on yourself..8) I seem to have more free time lately...and I find myself just sitting in my sewing room looking at fabric. At least you get to work when you are in there..8)
            :D:DTyne:D:D

Comment

Just beautiful work. Both are incredible. Sorry you are going through a rough patch right now and hopefully things will be better soon.
              Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

Sorry you are having a difficult time...you will be in my prayers.....
                On the other hand all of your projects and the quilting are just gorgeous!!!!
                ~Kathy~

Comment

The baby quilt is precious and I can not think of a more perfect way to quilt it. I love it. Now those frogs, they have to be the cutest ever!

Praying for you during this difficult time.
                  Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Lisa, the quilt is so beautiful and the appliques are beautiful too. You do fantastic work, I hope someday I will get the knack and be like you.
                    Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Comment

Cathryn, I must tell you that the wale baby quilt is adorable! You did a tremendous job on the quilting as well. I love each of your applique blocks; they are beautiful and will make gorgeous quilts!
                      sigpicMISA
                      I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

Wow! You are one very talented gal... that whale quilt is so beautiful and the quilting on it is just amazing. And your appliques are stunning... Thank you so much for sharing your talent, I hope to do as good work as you do someday!

Comment

Cathryn, the quilts are beautiful. Will have you in my prayers during your difficulties.
                          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

Love your baby quilt, the new mom must have been thrilled to receive it! Those frogs are so cute especially that last block!
                            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

oh Cat, Adorable!!! Love love the whales and the binding you put on with that dark blue backing it looks so soft and cuddly! My gosh your Sprouts appliques are amazing! I got to laugh at that last little cute frog, you are so talented ((((Hugs))) my dear friend.

Give me a PM if you need to get a load off - Sounds like a lot of weight on your shoulders, plus all these gorgeous quilts. Always in my prayers Cathryn
                              Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

Working...
                              X