X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"My heart beats Bavarian"

This is the Name of my newest Project.
    Mein Herz schlägt bayrisch 1.jpg

The 25 hearts are sewed on a iron on batting, right sides together and than turned inside out, ironed on the 6.5 Inch squares and than blind stitched applicated by hand. the hearts are from different blue and white fabric leftovers and the squares are a woven japanese fabric with a rough touch.
    the threads from the woven fabric are light Grey and blue and it can be used from both sides. So I decided to alternate the squares right and left side. I don`t know if you can see it on the Picture, that the fabric of the squares Looks a bit different one to the next.

I will post more Pictures after proceeding this project

Re: "My heart beats Bavarian"

Just beautiful!
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am loving this! You are on a roll!

Originally posted by Renate View Post
      This is the Name of my newest Project.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]56123[/ATTACH]

The 25 hearts are sewed on a iron on batting, right sides together and than turned inside out, ironed on the 6.5 Inch squares and than blind stitched applicated by hand. the hearts are from different blue and white fabric leftovers and the squares are a woven japanese fabric with a rough touch.
      the threads from the woven fabric are light Grey and blue and it can be used from both sides. So I decided to alternate the squares right and left side. I don`t know if you can see it on the Picture, that the fabric of the squares Looks a bit different one to the next.

I will post more Pictures after proceeding this project
      Sewing mends the soul.
      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

What a great idea! I have not seen the Japanese fabric before. A nice texture change! Can't wait to see it completed!
        "One can never consent to creep, when one feels the impulse to soar" -Helen Keller

Comment

Renate, I love the colors and fabrics you chose for the little hearts, as well as the background fabric. That sweet little quilt just makes me happy. Beautiful.
          sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

it's beautiful so far...and it will be more so when finished. The blue hearts are so pretty.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Lovely, Renate!
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Renate, this will be a very lovely quilt when ready. The way you make these hearts is a lot of work! But it turned out so beautiful. Please show us when the quilt is ready!!

Comment

Gorgeous Renate and you are trying something new! I bet that was interesting and I like how the textures in the square you can still see. Great job and yes, post more photo's! Lovely hearts in those colors too
                  Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

I've never seen anything like this. It's gorgeous!
                    My friends call me Peggy
                    The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

This looks really pretty.
                      :icon_wave: Teresa

Comment

Renate..........love this..........it is going to be beautiful! It already is!
                        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

This is going to be another stunner! Boy have you been busy lately!
                          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Beautiful!
                            :D:DTyne:D:D

Comment

Working...
                            X