Circles - A quilt of many firsts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Circles - A quilt of many firsts!

This quilt was my first design using EQ7, inspired by the blog The Quilting Edge (LOVE her), my first attempt at full circles and my first attempt at QAYG AND REVERSIBLE binding!!!! Oh and it is my first commissioned work! I said there were many firsts!

Here it is:

Circles.jpgCirclesBack.jpgCirclesReversible Binding.jpg

Thanks for looking!
    Murphy :icon_wave:

www.quiltparadigm.blogspot.com

Quilting forever, housework - whenever!

Re: Circles - A quilt of many firsts!

Very nice work.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Well done on all of those firsts!

Comment

Looks great and I'm sure you feel great having tackled and overcome so many 1st's.
        :icon_wave: Teresa

Comment

It turned out great...very artistic!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

LOVE the design! Well done!

Comment

That is a great quilt, love the design too!

Comment

Beautiful and Way to go on getting a lot of firsts out of the way! How did you like the QAYG? I hope your customer loves it, good luck
                Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

Oh my goodness, what a rich and luscious quilt. I'm quite partial to monotone designs and yours is the nicest I've seen.
                  Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Please, what is EQ7? if it is something what brings out so beautiful quilts, I would like to have it

Comment

Originally posted by Renate View Post
                      Please, what is EQ7? if it is something what brings out so beautiful quilts, I would like to have it
                      It's a computer program for designing quilts. There is a learning curve to using it and it is quite pricey.

The Electric Quilt Company | Software, books and printables for quilters
                      K is for Karen 😊​..................
                      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                      T - is it TRUE?
                      H - is it HELPFUL?
                      I - is it INSPIRING?
                      N - is it NECESSARY?
                      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by HdWench View Post
                        Beautiful and Way to go on getting a lot of firsts out of the way! How did you like the QAYG? I hope your customer loves it, good luck
                        Debbie, I LOVED it! There is little wiggle room in terms of seams needing to be exact (and sometimes more or less than 1/4 inch depending on how they came together when doing the sashing) and it was slow going this time around but I think next time it will be much quicker. I mostly followed the tutorials provided on Mari's web site "The Quilting Edge" - here is a link to the first of 6 The Quilting Edge: Tutorial/QAYG # 1/Making the Blocks.

I will definitely be doing this again - quilting is so much easier when working with the blocks instead of the entire quilt! The other thing I learned both by reading almost everything Mari has written on her blog is that the quilting possibilities using a walking foot are ENDLESS. This quilt was quilted entirely with my walking foot. You can even do spirals! She has a tutorial on that as well at The Quilting Edge.

I am meeting her tomorrow to present her with her quilt. She is excited and I hope she loves it as much as I do!! I'll let you know

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
                          Oh my goodness, what a rich and luscious quilt. I'm quite partial to monotone designs and yours is the nicest I've seen.
                          Thank you Toni!!

Comment

Originally posted by Renate View Post
                            Renate, as Karen said it is a computer program and it is a little pricey and there is definitely a learning curve but if you are a little computer savvy it isn't horrible. The program has fabric libraries and the ability to scan your own fabric into the program so you can see what your finished quilt will look like before you even do one stitch or cut. There is also the ability to design your own blocks. This is a feature I love. Once you have designed the blocks, you can put them into a quilt and flip and rotate them to design to your hearts content. Being new to this, I have found it very helpful in figuring out colors for my quilts.

There are other programs out there that do this and there have been several posts on different programs. I wish I had read all of them before I bought as I may have chosen a different program. That being said I have been able to work with it and am overall happy with the purchase.

Comment

Great job on the circle quilt...........that is on my to do list also!
                              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Working...
                              X