X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Tucks Purse

I'm into making these purses.I'm getting tired of this one.DSCN0007.JPG

Re: Bow Tucks Purse

I have the pattern for this, but have not made one yet. Since I have no sewing background, I usually have trouble reading/understanding the directions. It seems like such a nice bag. You've done a nice job.
    Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

Love making bags and totes. I had to smack my hand this afternoon to keep from adding a piece of upholstery remnant to my shopping cart. I have enough stuff to make a thousand bags that I should use first. Have you watched Jenny's tutorial on making a bag?
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Is this question for shawnan or myself.Connie

Comment

I want to try some kind of upholstery fabric.I bet they would look so nice.

Comment

I like that Connie. Don't have a pattern for it but sure like the looks of it.

Hugs,
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
              Love making bags and totes. I had to smack my hand this afternoon to keep from adding a piece of upholstery remnant to my shopping cart. I have enough stuff to make a thousand bags that I should use first. Have you watched Jenny's tutorial on making a bag?
              Where might I find this tutorial? I'm sure once I figure it out I'll be making a lot of them.
              Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

I spent the afternoon making some bags for DD. she picked out the fabric last week. They're not fancy, but it's what she wanted for her birthday.
                connie, i love the colors in the purse you're tired of. What's the new one like? I've seen that pattern but never made one. i have so many patterns already I willl never get them all made!
                “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I'm ready for a spring or summer purse.It's more of a tote and that's what i used it for when we traveled to Florida.

Comment

I usually don't like a big purse but I made the Birdie bag by Amy Butler a couple years ago. i use it as a carry-on/purse when i travel . i added a magnetic snap and a large zipped pocket for security. i can easily put a book and a small knitting/crocheting projest inside.
                    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Love your bag Connie! I see bags I like but I've never had the urge to make one. Maybe some day I will try it!
                      Patti
                      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Patticakes,this bag has three pockets on each side on the inside.I have another picture of another bag i made with a Charm packs and is smaller.I'll get busy and post that picture also.Connie C

Comment

I cant seem to find this in the UK can you help PLEASE

Comment

They are available on Ebay if you want to go that route.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tote-Purse-Patte...item4aa83a3fa6

They do ship internationally.

Wait- this is even better. I have bought from here in the past with good results.
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/Quiltsillustrate...item19c41dc6e3
                            Last edited by bakermom; April 4, 2011, 04:24 PM. Reason: more info

― Albert Pine

Comment

Working...
                            X