I have been super busy quilting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I have been super busy quilting

Goodness, you HAVE been busy! You did a beautiful job on everyone of your beauties....I love them all

Comment

Thank you for all of the kind responses and helpful tips. Like any good quilter, I am not 100% complete with any of my current projects and I am itching to start a new one.
      Donelle

Comment

I love the one you hate, too..... I love the "pattern", and I think the large borders are nice. Your Mom is sure to love it.

Sometimes.....when a project like this quilt seems to take forever to complete, we end up disliking the whole thing. It's happened to nearly all quilters... Occasionally these unloved quilts become that bane of every quilter's existence....a UFO... Not a problem... We just move on to the next quilt, and return to the newly created UFO later.... Or not...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

You've been a busy gal! I like them all!
          *~* Myrna *~*
          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Your piecing is amazing. I am looking forward to a day where everything matches up so well. I wish I could spend all my time quilting. Cannot wait until I retire - only 2400 more days . But I do love reading all that folks are doing. Thank you for sharing.
            :icon_happy:Karen
            Life is short - live it up while you can

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
              Your piecing is amazing. I am looking forward to a day where everything matches up so well. I wish I could spend all my time quilting. Cannot wait until I retire - only 2400 more days . But I do love reading all that folks are doing. Thank you for sharing.
              Thank you, that's very nice of you. I am super obsessed with matching my intersections. Trust me, I don't spend nearly as much time as I'd like sewing. I have a full time job and a DH that is always on the go and dragging me with him.
              Donelle

Comment

I like them all so much, it was difficult for me to decide which one was my favorite. I was finally able to choose the first one, the Irish chain, and the jelly cakes quilts. See? I told you I was having a time of it!
                sigpicMISA
                I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

You certainly have been busy. All of your projects look wonderful. Isn't it amazing how much we get done when we back away from our computers? My laptop's hard drive gave out so I've not had the access & I've gotten some things accomplished. I share hubby's iPad so I'm not surfing much at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Slokarma View Post
                    Wow, you have been busy! Out of all of them, I think I'll pick that Irish Chain for myself! Nice job! and I'll be interested to see what you do with the Swoon blocks , I've been wanting to try those for awhile
                    Thanks. I love the simplicity of an Irish chain. The Swoon quilt is 9 blocks, 24" each I think. Most people do it in contrasting fabric but I decided to do matching colors with contrasting designs. The Craftsy class I'm doing this from is Pre-cut piecing made simple...but there is nothing simple about the swoon block. Tremendous amount of cutting and matching those intersections, whew. Not simple. I make one block and take a break for a week or two, maybe three this time.
                    Donelle

Comment

Originally posted by Mimi2boys View Post
                      You certainly have been busy. All of your projects look wonderful. Isn't it amazing how much we get done when we back away from our computers? My laptop's hard drive gave out so I've not had the access & I've gotten some things accomplished. I share hubby's iPad so I'm not surfing much at the moment.
                      No doubt our online communities can sometimes consume us. It's so hard to keep up if you aren't here everyday. I want to see and read everything! Ah but besides being home sick the past two days, I have learned to stay away and just periodically check in.
                      Donelle

Comment

Love your projects.
                        Elaine
                        my blog: http://craft-e-place.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

They came out beautiful. Your work is awesome.
                          Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Comment

Working...
                          X