Snap Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snap Bag

I've been making these like crazy.DSCN0334.JPGOnly takes 2 fat quarters.I hope Bill see's this....Connie C

Re: Snap Bag

Is this the bag that's made with a section of the metal tape measure?
    I bought that pattern last summer, but havent bought MrWindy a new tape measure yet so I can cut up his old one..lol

Love the color combination of your bag!!
    ~Mary
    As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Originally posted by mrswindy4 View Post
      Is this the bag that's made with a section of the metal tape measure?
      I bought that pattern last summer, but havent bought MrWindy a new tape measure yet so I can cut up his old one..lol

Love the color combination of your bag!!
      Yes it is.I use a 1" measuring tape that way i can use just one piece not like the pattern calls for.I also box the bottom. Connie C

Comment

What is a snap bag?
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
          What is a snap bag?
          Like my picture,has little tabs to pull it apart and it snaps back when you let go.Because of the metal measuring tape that's in the casing.It's a lot of fun to make and easy.Connie C

Comment

Sounds interesting. Would you share the pattern?

Monique
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I have the SNAP HAPPY pattern here at home, I dont have a scanner to scan it and send you a copy.
              This is the closest I could find online to a snap bag...hope it helps and/or gives you a creative streak to make you a bag!

http://tatteredgarden.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html

Right next to my J store is a tool store, I dont know why I never go in there to get a tape measure....need to add that to my to-do list this week!
              ~Mary

Comment

Originally posted by mrswindy4 View Post
                I have the SNAP HAPPY pattern here at home, I dont have a scanner to scan it and send you a copy.
                This is the closest I could find online to a snap bag...hope it helps and/or gives you a creative streak to make you a bag!

http://tatteredgarden.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html

Right next to my J store is a tool store, I dont know why I never go in there to get a tape measure....need to add that to my to-do list this week!
                What size tape did you get 1 " i hope.Connie C

Comment

MrWindy has all sizes of tape measures...but he would know if I took one...lol I have to buy him a new one before I can use one of his older ones. I havent got to the tool store yet...its on my to-do list for this week. I'll be sure to use the 1 inch tape measure, though!
                  ~Mary

Comment

When you go if it's a tool store or a Harbor Freight.Check out Carpet cutter blades.They are all the rage,they fit in the 45mm cutter's .You get 2 in a package and there only 1.99.That's all i use,and boy are they sharp.Connie C

Comment

funny i just started making these too...
                      all the best
                      Gina

Comment

Gina,i square up the bottom.I sell them at my local quilt store.Connie C

Comment

Working...
                        X