Grandpa's Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandpa's Quilt

Grandpa made it known that he wanted a quilt since I made one for Grandma! His only request that it not be "girlie". Here is the finished quilt.
    Attached Files

Re: Grandpa's Quilt

i love it beautifu
    Patrice

Comment

Grandpa is lucky to have a granddaughter like you!! The quilt is beautiful and "manly" ...he's going to love it!
      ~Mary
      As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

BTW...I'm originally from NW Indiana...a great motorcycle museum and dealership there. What part of IN are you in?
        ~Mary

Comment

Originally posted by mrswindy4 View Post
          BTW...I'm originally from NW Indiana...a great motorcycle museum and dealership there. What part of IN are you in?
          I am located in Lafayett. No great museums here!! ...Thats ok though! I love to ride! My husband says I am sooo weird! Said I am probably one of the few women who rides a motorcycle, raises chickens and quilts! LOL

Comment

I don't know about that - let him call you weird. I no longer ride, but used to. Used to raise chickens and rabbits, and had a herd of sheep when I was younger and spry-er. And I love to quilt. I also like to dig in the dirt, have manicures and pedicures, can be sweet as candy and hang out with sailors . . .

Tell him women can do whatever they want to do! My DH, for instance, has been doing embroidery work - and he's definitely a man's man. So there, Motorcycle*rooster's Hubby - so there!!
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Mrs Rooster....North of you, in Starke County, is the museum/dealership (Kerstings...do a google search...great place!)

Mr. Rooster...women can do it all and should be praised for it!!

Sandy...I think its awesome that your hubby embroiders! I think more men should!! (I'm teaching my 13 year old son to crochet)
              ~Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                I don't know about that - let him call you weird. I no longer ride, but used to. Used to raise chickens and rabbits, and had a herd of sheep when I was younger and spry-er. And I love to quilt. I also like to dig in the dirt, have manicures and pedicures, can be sweet as candy and hang out with sailors . . .

Tell him women can do whatever they want to do! My DH, for instance, has been doing embroidery work - and he's definitely a man's man. So there, Motorcycle*rooster's Hubby - so there!!
                I love it!! Thanks for letting me know I am not the only girly tomboy out there!!

Comment

I would teach my DH to quilt, but he'd probably be better at it than me.
                  Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

What a phenomenal quilt for what I believe is a phenomenal man. You did a lovely lovely job.
                    Men can sew; my dh sews his own stuff - he hems, stitches, just doesn't use a machine. But I have had him help me on a LOT of craft projects over the years and continue to praise him into more helpfulness. I also taught my sons to cross stitch, crochet, cook and iron. AND to clean the toilet up after themselves. You never know who they are going to marry. My one DIL thinks I did a good job, lol. Every woman should be married to a man who cleans the toilet after themselves. hahaha.
                    Blessings to all.
                    Sewing mends the soul.
                    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Great quilt for grandpa. He will love it, I'm sure.
                      Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

The quilt is lovely and I'm sure it will be very much loved, you are a very thoughtful granddaughter.

Can I add to the list of womanly pursuits...I ride motorcycles (well not for the last few years), but did forever before that, including to my honeymoon. I also shoot long distance target rifle, play at mechanical things, of course my DH is a motorcycle mechanic so that helps, and I quilt and I cook and I clean toilets... amongst other things. I was raised on a farm so can manage animals, mend fences and have an extensive farmhand 'vocabulary'. Tell me I can't do something and it will be done...I am woman.

I also taught my son to sew, cook and be nice to ladies, I hope to end up with a grateful DIL.
                        Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

I'm a girl-y tomboy, too. Just last week I grained, watered and hayed the horses is a skirt suit and heels. I had an important meeting, but they horses still had to be fed! I'd love to see morse pictures up close of your grandpa's quilt. I can't quite make out what's in the center of the blocks. It's very pretty, and has grandpa seen it yet?
                          Lin

Comment

So sweet that he wanted his own - love the colors and the pattern!

Comment

It looks great!
                              :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

Working...
                              X