FINALLY!! Baby Quilt pic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALLY!! Baby Quilt pic...

pinks and browns....sending it out tomorrow for quilting....

[attachment=0:3hryhrgc]baby-quilt.jpg[/attachment:3hryhrgc]
    Michele

Re: FINALLY!! Baby Quilt pic...

Awh!! It's gorgeous!! I love the colors! (that's Swanky, isn't it!?!?) Your friend's baby is very lucky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sewhot
      Awh!! It's gorgeous!! I love the colors! (that's Swanky, isn't it!?!?) Your friend's baby is very lucky!!
      thanks...

It's actually *not* Moda!! (I know....blasphemy).....it's japanese style fabric that I picked up at Hancock's.....
      Michele

Comment

Originally posted by shell.scraps
        Originally posted by sewhot
        thanks...

It's actually *not* Moda!! (I know....blasphemy).....it's japanese style fabric that I picked up at Hancock's.....

No, Shell dear...NOT blasphemy! I love lot's of things, NOT moda! And it's ok. Cute fabric, for sure! Thanks for the pics....we love those things~

Comment

I think it is adorable, and I am sure the baby will love it!

It's actually *not* Moda!! (I know...blasphemy)...it's Japanese style fabric that I picked up at Hancock's....
          I don't care where you get the fabric or who it is by. You can get some great deals on nice fabric if you just take the time to read the label and check out the material before you buy it. Sometimes you can get the same fabrics at better prices in places like Joann, and even (heaven forbid!) Walmart. If you check the label you will find that you can get some of the exact same fabrics that you are paying $2-$4 a yard more for in other places. I understand that they carry crappy fabrics too, and that is where your eyes and fingers come into it. If you can see through the weave, or it feels like you could use it to sand down the rough spot on the deck, then pass it up! I bought a "hand-dyed" blender for $5.95 online and found the same brand and color at Walmart for $2.95. I about died.
          Personally I hate spending more money on something I don't have to. I figure it as lost fabric. If I can save X number of dollars if I buy it on sale or just at a cheaper price, that means I can buy that much more fabric with my savings. I also love to shop the clearance section at the LQS. Sometimes I get quite the color inspirations seeing them all bunched together there!
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

So pretty Shell! The border and prairie points look perfect with that pattern! :P
            To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Working...
            X