X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vicki L
    replied
    Re: stashbusting again

I have found that one of my problems that I am learning to overcome (through MSQ tutorials and reading the forum is putting fabrics together that look good. I was never color coordinated and I always get frustrated trying to pick out fabrics that look good together.

Thanks for showing!

Vicki L

Leave a comment:

• Quilt Vader
    replied

WOW is White On White.. BOW is Black on White.. WOB is ... yep .. White On Black.
    The pieces I got were white prints on white background. Right now I am working with a Black on White fabric, making a Stack N Whack in the LeMoyne Star pattern .. I cut 20 diamonds from strips that are 8 layers thick and each is pattern matched all the way thru exactly, and then had to choose which end of the point would be center.. I will get a picture later and show you

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    replied

Originally posted by Quilt Vader
    Yesterday I went to my local Joanns and got 6 different WOW's, on sale,
    What's a WOW?

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

Originally posted by toggpine
    Omnigrid makes some stuff called Invisigrip. It works like the window clings, but better. It is completely clear, you cut it to fit 1/4" smaller than your ruler, and adhere to the uder side. No blind spots from sandpaper dots, it is completely flat, so your ruler won't teeter-totter while you are cutting. I can still move my ruler over the fabric to make the next cut, and if it starts to get less than grippy from all of the fabric that I cut, I just wipe it with a damp rag and let it dry. You can also use it on your acrylic templates (I haven't done those yet). I liked it because there is no adhesive involved, so I won't end up with weird stuff on my fabric after I have used it for awhile and it doesn't shift. I have had this stuff on my rulers for about 3 years now and have been really happy with it. It was 12 1/2" by 36" and I still have quite a bit of it left.

I'll have to find this and give it a try......thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Quilt Vader
    replied

Thank you for that tip - I have that little OnmiGrip ruler with the grippy stuff.. adn I LOVE it, I'm making cuts over a seam and have to keep it lined up perfectly - my hands are arthritic and soemtimes hey dont do quite what I need like typing, sometimes my spelling looks like I can't read either!!!
    I live near Soft Expressions, I will check there for the Onmi Grip stuff.

Leave a comment:

• ginampls
    replied

i must get me some!
    Gina from mpls

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

Omnigrid makes some stuff called Invisigrip. It works like the window clings, but better. It is completely clear, you cut it to fit 1/4" smaller than your ruler, and adhere to the uder side. No blind spots from sandpaper dots, it is completely flat, so your ruler won't teeter-totter while you are cutting. I can still move my ruler over the fabric to make the next cut, and if it starts to get less than grippy from all of the fabric that I cut, I just wipe it with a damp rag and let it dry. You can also use it on your acrylic templates (I haven't done those yet). I liked it because there is no adhesive involved, so I won't end up with weird stuff on my fabric after I have used it for awhile and it doesn't shift. I have had this stuff on my rulers for about 3 years now and have been really happy with it. It was 12 1/2" by 36" and I still have quite a bit of it left.

Leave a comment:

• ginampls
    replied

hey ... i wonder if glue gun stuff would work??? like apply a gob then let it dry... it is kind rubbery.
    all the best Gina from mpls

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

pretty cool ruler!! I use the clear medical tape on my rulers to give them grip.....I wish they came with some non-slip on them already...would make it soooo much easier..

Leave a comment:

• stitchywoman
    replied

I love the colors too and the scavenge style fabric accumulation Free fabric is always a HUGE bonus! Go Vader And I like your ruler :P very nice!

Leave a comment:

• Quilt Vader
    replied

The pictures aren't the best...
    Mine happens to have advertising for the shop where i bought it for $3.00 .

Leave a comment:

• ginampls
    replied

hi looks great, but i want to see this ruler. can you post a photo of it. tools... umm. better than ice cream.. ( no gas) all the best gina from mpls.

Leave a comment:

• Quilt Vader
    replied

Thank you. a funny thng about the Freebie colors, I am having so much fun with the whole thing, and those little color blocks would not have been possible if I had had to buy all those colors and prints! Yesterday I went to my local Joanns and got 6 different WOW's, on sale, and now have a really good mix of those as well. Actual cash in the project is probably around $10-12. I have backing coming out my ears - freebies, someone moved!
    I have this cool little ruler I'm using to square up - it's 2.5"x6.5" .. the 1/4 marks line up on the seams and the little grippers all over the back hold everything tight.. yes, I am having fun

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

Oooh, how pretty are those fabrics! I like how you paired them with the whites to show off their colors.

Leave a comment:

• sewhot
    replied

Oooh! I love the scrappy BRIGHTNESS of the blocks you have started!! What a great idea! Waste not, want....MORE fabric.

Can't wait to see it as it progresses.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X