My first quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first quilt

Made for my daughter using Jenny's tutorial. It's not completely quilted yet, one more border & binding..it's made from all of her favorite colors.
    Attached Files

Re: My first quilt

Love that rail fence. I've done 2 of those and they always turn out so nice.
    Love the colors you used.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Thank you! I was a little worried using all of those colors together, but it's what she likes. lol...and I love fence rail too! It's easy for a beginner like me.

Comment

That's a wonderful job. I love the colors. I can't believe that it's your first quilt.
        Suzette

Comment

Very pretty .You should be very proud of your first quilt. I am new to sewing and quilting and used Jenny's tutorial to make a tote. Isn't she fabulous?!!

I hope to make a fence rail...did you think it was easy?

Happy Quilting,
          Dianne

Comment

Forgot to ask...did you use a jelly roll and if so how many did it take?

Thanks,
            Dianne

Comment

Thank you so much for the kind words.

Mlt150 ~

LOL, I will be proud when it's done. I'm dreading the last border. All I know how to fm is loops...it was sooooooooo easy. Although I did have a heck of a time keeping my blocks straight, I had to keep saying Up Down, Up Down..then would lay them all out and find another one wrong. Jenny is FANTABULOUS!!! She got me motivated for sure. Strips sure make it easy too!!

Suzette~ Absolutely my first, I did do the heart table runner first, but that's not quilted yet.

Comment

Suzette~

Sorry, I did use jelly rolls and it took 4, counting the one I saved for the scrappy binding I'm gonna put on. I had these jelly rolls for a long time and didn't even know why I bought them..THEN I found Jenny!!!!! The white border and purple border were cut from yardage.

Comment

What a bright and pretty quilt you made! Congrats on your first of (I'm sure) many.
                  There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

My oh my! that is a great quilt, and I love the colors too! I think you have done a wonderful job and I am amazed that you can do the fm loops.....I am not brave enough to even try!
                    Great job and I know your DD is gonna love it!
                    Lola
                    :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Originally posted by debinmalaga View Post
                      What a bright and pretty quilt you made! Congrats on your first of (I'm sure) many.
                      Thank you! Oh Ya, I've got the bug now. LOL bitten bad I think.

Comment

Lola2~
                        You really need to try, it's fun, frustrating to say the least, but when you can make a couple loopty loos that look decent you are in FM hysteria!! I didn't want to tie or stitch in the ditch. My only other option was to practice the fm and try it..and it's not perfect at all!

I hope she likes it as much as you all seem to. I'm happy!!

Comment

I love the quilt! The FM looks great too! I am a newbie and just tried FM and yours looks WAY better than my squiggles. But I agree it is fun. I have ordered a book about it and have watched many You Tubes. I really like those loops and the quilt is FAB!!
                          Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

Thank you Marebear! Get out a pencil and piece of paper and practice...loops are the easiest I've found to do...relax and listen to what all these great ladies have to say here..find what works for you and go with it...I haven't seen any books on FM but have watched a lot of Youtube videos also.

Comment

Beautiful - and I love the colors!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X