This is what I finished tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I finished tonight.

I finished this table runner tonight. I made it for my sister and I hope she likes the colors. I used the Charm Pack by Moda called Chocolat by 3 sisters. My husband bought it for me for Christmas about 3 years ago and it came in a cute little tin. I had no idea what I was going to do with it until I saw the table runner on one of the tutorials. I'm pretty happy about the way it came out.
    Attached Files
    Elaine:icon_wave:

Re: This is what I finished tonight.

Oooh - that's pretty !!!

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Elaine,
      Your table runner is so attractive. It's a style that will never be out of style. Your fabric choices are right on! So pleased to get a peek at it!

Comment

That is so pretty ..... and I love your colors.

I have made a couple and they really are fun..

Thanks for sharing...
        hugs

Mia
        ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
        Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
        (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Very Nice!!

I'm sure your sister is going to love the table runner!!
          ~Mary
          As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

I would be so very happy to receive that as a gift! Very nice!
            Lin

Comment

It is lovely! I enjoy seeing the fabric lines in something that I would/could accomplish. You did a wonderful job!
              Sewing mends the soul.
              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

beautiful. love the fabric!
                Patrice

Comment

I love it, especially since the fabric is called Chocolat. Now I have a question. I've pinned the batting, back and front, and now I'm nervous about getting the batting to go through my sewing machine without jamming. Did you have a problem? How about any one else who has made the Basket of Flowers runner?

Comment

very pretty and great colours

Comment

Originally posted by newbiequilter View Post
                      I love it, especially since the fabric is called Chocolat. Now I have a question. I've pinned the batting, back and front, and now I'm nervous about getting the batting to go through my sewing machine without jamming. Did you have a problem? How about any one else who has made the Basket of Flowers runner?
                      Thanks everyone for your nice comments. No, I didn't have one bit of trouble with the batting going through my sewing machine. I used a low loft batting that I had left over from something else. It worked out fine.
                      Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

Love it!! Colors are sew pretty!
                        Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Hi Pat - I was so nervous about that too! First time I've sewn with the batting like that, instead of between layers of fabric. It went through just fine, though.
                          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
                            I finished this table runner tonight. I made it for my sister and I hope she likes the colors. I used the Charm Pack by Moda called Chocolat by 3 sisters. My husband bought it for me for Christmas about 3 years ago and it came in a cute little tin. I had no idea what I was going to do with it until I saw the table runner on one of the tutorials. I'm pretty happy about the way it came out.
                            Elaine, it came out GREAT. Your sister will be thrilled - I would be.
                            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Newbie, I have made the runner and didn't have a bit of trouble with the batting on the bottom.
                              You may want to clean out your machine after you have it done, lots of fuzzies, but it should feed right thru.
                              I have made quilted baby bibs for a couple of years, the batting on the bottom while sewing, and have never had a problem.
                              If you are still nervous, start stitching slowly, I think you will be amazed.....
                              Go for it!
                              Lola
                              :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Working...
                              X