Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18yr DD just finished her first quilt top...EVER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marmar
    replied
    Re: 18yr DD just finished her first quilt top...EVER!

Why teaching only the daughters, granddaughters, etc., why not the sons, grandsons?

Mar

Leave a comment:

• shannonsaulter
    replied

How wonderful where's the pic???? neither
    of my DD's have showed any interest as of yet..

Leave a comment:

• wackyaunt3
    replied

For you Shipshewana visitors: Yoder's has changed their floor plan, I am hoping that by summer they will have a better selection, I was there for a Fons & Porter event and was disappointed at how much they had downsized fabric selection. I like going to the downstairs "Little Bit of Lolly's" at the mercantile downtown...their discontinued lines are down there (as well as a boatload of fat quarters) for $6.50 a yard. I got a lead on a quilt shop west of Shipshe that I am going to check out on Friday if the weather cooperates. I'll post a note if it is worth the trip if you would like.

Leave a comment:

• nanaleslie
    replied

You are so lucky to share your gift with your daughter. I have 3 daughters and not one of them show any interest in quilting. Mind you all 3 of them love to receive the quilts and table runners and things I make. I have hope that my grandson and granddaughter might. I made a doll rag quilt with my 3 yr old gd this afternoon. It was fun and Lily had her doll all wrapped up in it when she left with her daddy to go home.

Leave a comment:

• ilive2craft2
    replied

Engineering is math and quilting is math - she is bound to love it! I have a "math" mind and once I got over being scared of the machine, the addiction has dug in deep!

Leave a comment:

• Divine Daisy
    replied

My daughter is a Geotechnic Engineer and a totally demon cake decorator. Please don't think that an engineers mind prevents her from being artistic. Heather has made quilts with me and enjoys it. She is a proud of her quilts and cakes as she is her tunnels and windfarms.

With an Enginner in the family.......male or female there is 'hope' for much.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyMtnLady
    replied

How wonderful! We need to see pictures!
    Shipshewana is one of the things I really really miss about not living in Indiana any longer. We didn't live too far from there and went there quite often. I loved Yoder's store and the fabric shop. So many little places that were great. I also loved the flea market!!!!!!! Makes me want to go back there...just to go to Yoder's

Leave a comment:

• lilmouse
    replied

As some of you know and/or remember my daughter taught me how to quilt and it is awesome when we get together to sew....not often enough since they moved 4 hours away .... and our tastes are so different but we support each other...she helped me when I was learning the primitive stitch method of hand quilting....she helped me with the rocking motion! So it is awesome when we get together as we always plan some sewing and shopping as well!

Leave a comment:

• stitching woman
    replied

Love it when young people take up quilting and it is so exciting for you and you daughter. Can't wait to see her first attempt.

Leave a comment:

• Wwena
    replied

Take it from another techie, quilting is totally addictive to an "engineer" mind! The patterns, the technique... It all goes together. I'm happy she found that out!

Leave a comment:

• Winniesfriend
    replied

I am so jealous, I so wish my daughters would do so some craft work but they are 28 and 34 now and now chance of either of them doing any thing crafty ... even my daughter in laws are not interested .... must work on my 4 yo grand daughter .

Leave a comment:

• wjhypes
    replied

How awesome is that! Sometimes, I wish I had a daughter to share my passion of quilting with but I was blessed with two boys. When their dad isn't around, they do like to quilt with Mommy I live near Shipshewana and go there quite a bit and your right, Lolly's is expensive compared to MSQC! But is is fun to check out all the new Amish quilts.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

That is great. I would be so happy if my DD had my love of quilting. I still have hopes for the DGS's though.

Leave a comment:

• Lisapc
    replied

I can feel your joy. It is hard to find some common ground with a daughter that age. For some of us. A daughter with an engineer's brain presents it's own challenges. It would for me. I can't wait to see the quilt.

Leave a comment:

• georgiabaughman
    replied

I went to Shipshewanna once with a friend--loved that area!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X