Wildflowers IV table runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildflowers IV table runner

Did this following the written MSQC tute, they made theirs with a Baskets of Flowers charm pack. This was just as quick and easy as they promised it would be! Did it in a few hours. Would have looked cuter with a Stitch in the Ditch but I'm really bad at that so I did FMQ.
    Attached Files
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Re: Wildflowers IV table runner

oh pretty. i made a couple of those. they are fun and quick to make. great job
    Patrice

Comment

Very pretty, that runner is on my list of things to do!! Nice job!!

Comment

Don't you just love the tuts and the pre-cuts - I would never have thought about putting those colors together - and they are so stunning. May have to try one myself.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Love it Deb. Where can I find the written tutorial?
          Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by debinmalaga View Post
            Would have looked cuter with a Stitch in the Ditch but I'm really bad at that so I did FMQ.

I should know this, but what is FMQ . . . go ahead and tell me so my poor ole brain will feel bad.

free motion quilting????????????
            Last edited by Sandy Navas; February 18, 2011, 08:00 PM. Reason: added something
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I Love it!!!!!!
              Beautiful & Colorful !!!!
              Looks like Spring !!!!!!
              bopeep
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
                Love it Deb. Where can I find the written tutorial?
                It's on the blog, here's the address:

http://blog.missouriquiltco.com/bask...nner-tutorial/
                There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                  I should know this, but what is FMQ . . . go ahead and tell me so my poor ole brain will feel bad.

free motion quilting????????????
                  Yup! Other than tension problems with the back of the piece (sigh) I find it much easier than straight line quilting. Still a beginner so hopefully I'll get better.

Comment

Debi, that is so very pretty and you did such a great job on it. Aren't those table runners fun to stitch?
                    I can't imagine that you find FMQ-Yep Sandy, it's free motion quilting, easier than straight line quilting!
                    I want to try fmq again so much, but need to do a ton of practice.
                    I am so bad, I'm good...I ordered 2 charm packs of the Wildflowers IV today. I can't wait till they get here.
                    As always, thanks so much for sharing.
                    Lola
                    :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

So pretty, bright and cheerful! Great job!
                      Shelia

Comment

Originally posted by debinmalaga View Post
                        Did this following the written MSQC tute, they made theirs with a Baskets of Flowers charm pack. This was just as quick and easy as they promised it would be! Did it in a few hours. Would have looked cuter with a Stitch in the Ditch but I'm really bad at that so I did FMQ.
                        After so many making these, I will have to try it soon. Looks like fun.
                        And Deb, FMQ easier than stitch in a ditch? I haven't gotten the knack of controlling the FMQ yet. Probably trying to sew too fast; just seems too spastic for spastic me.
                        Sewing mends the soul.
                        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Originally posted by Lola2Ace View Post
                          Debi, that is so very pretty and you did such a great job on it. Aren't those table runners fun to stitch?
                          I can't imagine that you find FMQ-Yep Sandy, it's free motion quilting, easier than straight line quilting!
                          I want to try fmq again so much, but need to do a ton of practice.
                          I am so bad, I'm good...I ordered 2 charm packs of the Wildflowers IV today. I can't wait till they get here.
                          As always, thanks so much for sharing.
                          Lola
                          Lola, you're the one who inspired me to make it, back when you posted your picture of your runner!

And yes, my stitch in the ditch is NEVER "in" the ditch - it's wavering all over the place!

Comment

Thanks Deb. That's going to be my next project.
                            Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

That is gorgeous! Thanks for posting the pic and the tute - I ordered my first daily deal (the perrenial charm pack) and have been trying to figure out the numbers/rows so that I could make mine from this pattern. The tute was just in time!

Comment

Working...
                              X