Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When people keep adding to your stash!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When people keep adding to your stash!!!!!

I'm going along great, then my BF says,,, "here i'm not going to use this, just going to throw it out"... now that's not gonna happen with fabric in my lifetime... so i take it back to my "room" that one can hardly turn around in... and dig for the smallest pieces of colors that "go with"... I would NEVER pick this "hot pink and blue",, ... found the blue plaid narrow strip, yellow gingham small pice... and rectangle of green, a little hot pink... i "ripped" the flanned pice , off center... appliqued the free hand cut flowers(not the best, but i forge on).. put in on the frame and had fun.. i found a small ginham check for the back.. and made a bag to hold it all(no pic)... i am so PROUD.. and it's all used up!!!
    she thinks she's so funny........
    Attached Files
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Re: When people keep adding to your stash!!!!!

How creative! i love taking bits and pieces like that and making them into something useful.
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

That worked out very nicely! I know how good you feel to have put your creative juices to work and come up with a very successful result!
      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

That turned out soooo cute. I know what you mean about fabric being tossed. I cringe when I think of all the clothing that was tossed out over the years.

Happy day
        Mia
        ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
        Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
        (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

great Job... you made it work!
          all the best
          Gina

Comment

I was so worried about not having a stash, and now fabric keeps on flowing in! I love it, but I have a tiny house with three growing children and now a growing fabric pile. Hehe.

Love your flowers! Very cute.
            Lin

Comment

How cute! Good job!
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

How nice that is. You did a great job.
                Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by GrammaBabs View Post
                  I'm going along great, then my BF says,,, "here i'm not going to use this, just going to throw it out"... now that's not gonna happen with fabric in my lifetime... so i take it back to my "room" that one can hardly turn around in... and dig for the smallest pieces of colors that "go with"... I would NEVER pick this "hot pink and blue",, ... found the blue plaid narrow strip, yellow gingham small pice... and rectangle of green, a little hot pink... i "ripped" the flanned pice , off center... appliqued the free hand cut flowers(not the best, but i forge on).. put in on the frame and had fun.. i found a small ginham check for the back.. and made a bag to hold it all(no pic)... i am so PROUD.. and it's all used up!!!
                  she thinks she's so funny........
                  I'm glad I'm not the only one to add to my stash. But I have a New Years resolution, that I won't buy anymore fabrics, unless I really have to.
                  Your quilt is adorable. It sort of gave me an idea to make a quilt for our bed, with some appliqué on it. Have to think that over.

Thanks for sharing
                  sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Working...
                  X