Quiltigami?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiltigami?

Has any one ever tried Quiltigami. The art of fabric folding? This started out as a octagon about 6" across and this is what you end up with when you fold it to look like a flower. This may just be my next project. My sis in Michigan sent me a book on fabric folding and there are alot of neat ideas in it.But then again do I really need to start another project??? Yea why not.Thats normal for us quilters isn't it? Thats what everybody on here told me anyway.Ha ha I love this forum...
    Attached Files

Re: Quiltigami?

Hi there
    I have the book somewhere. I had a hard time focusing on the projects when I got the book because of caring for my folks at that time. Hmm, wonder what I did with that book! Takes a mind of steel to focus for me. My brain is pretty much oatmeal.
    I love the look of these. With the roll you've been on, you will be a real whiz! Go for it!
    Last edited by Blondie; February 15, 2011, 06:02 PM. Reason: because my brain is oatmeal
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
      Hi there
      My brain is pretty much oatmeal.
      Oh, my, Blondie! I swear, I lost half my brain with the first child, half with the second, and was pretty much brain dead for the 3rd. (Even though the 2nd and 3rd came a minute apart.)

This is a pretty cool concept, and I'll have to keep it in mind for later projects.
      Lin

Comment

I make some of my quilt blocks with 3-D features. Usually they are just prairie point type bits put in for other squares or triangles. It is kind of fun to have some surprises in the blocks. I'll have to see about that book.
        Thanks for sharing!
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

It's fun... id did several "origami" blocks... then made them into table runners for both of my kids.... wish i had taken a pic... the dimension is really unique... go for it!!!bj
          "Each day well-lived and Happy;
          that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Working...
          X