My first quilt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first quilt...

This is my very first quilt that I finished in January. I'm now onto number 3, so someday when I get more pictures uploaded I can share the rest.
    Attached Files
    Lin

Re: My first quilt...

Good job! Love the flower pattern you quilted it with - so pretty! Congrats!
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Very pretty colors! Your quilting really adds to the cuteness! What a great first quilt!
      Patti
      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful and the flowers on the back are great. Did you do the quilting yourself??

Cheri

Comment

I love it! The quilting is so cute and I like the way you made the horizontals one color set and the verticals another.
          Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
          Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Love it! Way to go!
            Sewing mends the soul.
            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Originally posted by rcski2000 View Post
              Your quilt is beautiful and the flowers on the back are great. Did you do the quilting yourself??

Cheri
              Yep, I tried my hand at free motion quilting. I did a lot of potholders first, though. I think it came out okay, but if you look closely, not all of the stitches are even. I think that will get better with time, I also would be more hesitant with anything bigger, but I think I could handle a twin, a full may be pushing it.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!!!
              Last edited by Onetiredmomma; February 15, 2011, 06:27 PM. Reason: Cause I'm tired.
              Lin

Comment

Ooh - that's pretty! Love your flower design on the back.

Hugs,
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

You did a GREAT job!! I don't think I'd ever show anyone my first quilt!!
                  I love the flowers that you are doing too.....

Hugs,
                  Vicky

Comment

Your quilt is really great. You did a good job, And none of the people on this forum are the quilt police so don't knock what you have done. It's part of you even if you think the stitches are not right, they are really perfect. Be proud, it's your first quilt, of many to follow And you are going to be great at it. Hugs, Jan.
                    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

i really like your quilt. I think a log cabin is pretty cool, and I love the flowers you used to quilt it.
                      Do you mean that you free motion quilted the flowers? I haven't gotten the guts to try any
                      fmq other than on a few scraps and quickly scrapped the idea. For now, I am completely happy with straight line and in the ditch quilting, so I admire your bravery in doing it. I agree that you should not put down what you have accomplished and I am looking forward to more pic of quilts you make.
                      Lola
                      :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

I'm impressed with your quilting. I struggle just to get curly-ques on my quilts. i usually wimp out and stitch in the ditch or tie them.
                        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Awesome job!

Comment

Great Colors... and i love the rail fence type pattern,,, it worked great for you... the flower quilting was a great idea... bj
                            "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                            that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Working...
                            X