My first of many quilts to come :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first of many quilts to come :)

Here is my first quilt!! Made this for my hubby. I have a goal to make quilts for all my nieces and nephews (10 of them!) by Christmas! Plus the 2 for my own kids
    Attached Files

Re: My first of many quilts to come

You did a beautiful job on your quilt. I love the color combination of your fabirs. I'm sure your husband loved it.
    Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

Great quilt. I think it is great to know to whom the quilt will be given, for me it shapes the colors, patterns, etc. Look forward to seeing your nieces & nephews quilts!

Comment

it looks really pretty.

Isn't it a great feeling to get that first one finished.

Comment

Very nice I know your husband enjoys it. Two years ago for Christmas I gave all of my husbands aunts quilts. I started in February and picked my 13th quilt up from the qulter that year on the 15th of December. I had to have ten of them done by the 19th that year. It was fun and I enjoyed the challenge. Of course I worked on them until two in the morning some nights and worked during the day. But again it was a fun challenge.

Happy Quilting
          Lynne

Comment

You did a great job on your quilt! Love the color! Great idea to have a goal to shoot for. I make a list of quilts I want to work on and post in on the bulletin board above my computer so when I am sitting there I realize I should be quilting!
            Patti
            "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Well done! You did a great job, and I can't wait to see the ones to come!
              Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
              Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Love the colors! you do nice work.
                “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Congratulations on your very first quilt! Good job!
                  There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Wonderful gift. Beautiful quilt. Great job.

Monique
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

That's a neat pattern - don't think I've seen that one before.
                      I'm sure your husband will get all cozy in it.

Hugs,
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Very nice quilt, I also like the colour, and it is a good way to use that fabric. It looks to me like a design from the nine patch pizzazz book, I have a friend doing one of these at the moment, went to help with the arrangement yesterday. I'm sure your husband will be pleased with quilt it is lovely.
                        Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Beautiful - love the colors! I am sure your hubby will love it too!

Comment

Great quilt Celosita! How did you do the binding? It looks like an extra wide binding and I really like the look of that. I'm sure your husband will love it!
                            Linda
                            -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Wow. Beautiful quilt. Great job!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X