• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blondie
    replied
    Re: Little Miss Ruffle

Lovely lovely quilt and beautiful little one
    I have to agree with our Lisa - blow it up and present it to her on her 21st. What a great idea.
    LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Lisaau
    replied

vicky thats a 21st birthday pic blown up life size and given to her in front of everyone ...my parents did it to me

Leave a comment:

• RFREE
    replied

Beautiful baby and I love this quilt. I seen a quilt very similar on Fons and Porter love of quilting the other day and the lady used a serger to make the ruffles. I think yours is prettier. I too agree with Sandy "She turns 12-13 you better run for your life" ha ha lol.

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

Aww...both the quilt and the precious baby are adorable!

Leave a comment:

• tamsterg7
    replied

Oh,Oh, Oh - they are both just adorable! I LOVE the colors on the quilt and the ruffle is 'just the bomb' as my kids would say!

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

Beautiful baby and quilt! Wasn't sure which one to mention first.
    That ruffle stitch sounds intriging - might have to check that out someday.

Hugs,

Leave a comment:

• Vickysitterly
    replied

[QUOTE=Lola2Ace;22324]
    Originally posted by Vickysitterly View Post
    Hi Lola.................

I do have a ruffle foot, but I actually found a stich on my machine that worked better. It gathered it about every 6-8 stiches to making the perfect ruffle. Play with your basting stich and tensions and I'll bet you have it too. Once everything was cut, it worked up pretty fast. I really enjoyed this one!!

***Thank you for the compliments*** It means a lot!!
    Hugs,
    Vicky~~[/QUOTE

Vicky, now I am really intrigued about the stitch! Is there any way that you can duplicate what the icon looks like, or any other hints that will give us an idea of the stitch you used to do the ruffles?
    Thanks so much!
    Lola
    Lola.....

I have a Bernina and the stitch number is 21. It just looks like a straight line, you just have to play with the stitch length to get it where you want. You have to play with the ruffle a little bit, but I found it to be easier and faster than the ruffle attachment itself. Let me know what you think.....

Leave a comment:

• Vickysitterly
    replied

[QUOTE=Lola2Ace;22324]
    Originally posted by Vickysitterly View Post
    Hi Lola.................

I do have a ruffle foot, but I actually found a stich on my machine that worked better. It gathered it about every 6-8 stiches to making the perfect ruffle. Play with your basting stich and tensions and I'll bet you have it too. Once everything was cut, it worked up pretty fast. I really enjoyed this one!!

Hugs,
    Vicky~~[/QUOTE

Vicky, now I am really intrigued about the stitch! Is there any way that you can duplicate what the icon looks like, or any other hints that will give us an idea of the stitch you used to do the ruffles?
    Thanks so much!
    Lola
    Lola.....

Will do the next time I go down to visit my quilting room......It shouldn't take me long, should post sometime later today.

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

[QUOTE=Vickysitterly;22300]Hi Lola.................

Hugs,
    Vicky~~[/QUOTE

Thanks so much!
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• rebeccas-sewing
    replied

Lily is very sweet and I love her cap! Great job on the quilt. I'm sure she'll love the texture of those ruffles. Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• EsGrandma
    replied

Really cute - love both the quilt and your precious Lily!

Leave a comment:

• LynneLeavell
    replied

The quilt is just as precious as Lilly. Save the picture and everytime she brings a boy over show the picture. That way if he keeps coming around then he is the one. Again they are both precious.

Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Vickysitterly
    replied

Originally posted by debinmalaga View Post
    Vicky, I can see why Lily stole your heart - she's adorable. I agree with Sandy about that picture when she's a teen, LOL.

Your quilt is gorgeous, I never thought of ruffles in a quilt - what a great idea and you did a fantastic job.
    Thank you!!~~I saw this in a book and it was such a good fit for Lily. I don't think I have ever had so much excitement in making a quilt!

Leave a comment:

• Vickysitterly
    replied

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    How adorable! Both the Babe (Lily) and the quilt. So much love showing from both of them. She's going to HATE that picture when she's about 13.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful work with us.
    Hahaha, I know. I debated posting it, but it really shows the quilt well; and Lily too, unfortunately!! Shhhhhhhhhh, we won't tell her I posted it here!!
    Thanks for the compliment!!

Hugs,
    Vicky~~

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    replied

Vicky, I can see why Lily stole your heart - she's adorable. I agree with Sandy about that picture when she's a teen, LOL.

Your quilt is gorgeous, I never thought of ruffles in a quilt - what a great idea and you did a fantastic job.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X