Little Miss Ruffle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Miss Ruffle

I was going to make this quilt for the baby shower, but I'm glad that I waited. Once I saw Lily, I knew I wanted to make this the quilt she would remember all of her life. I had as much fun picking out colors as I did making all of those little ruffles and making my blocks. I machine quilted it and sent it on it's way to Michigan.
    The response was overwhelming, They loved it and that just make my heart jump with joy.
    Hope you like it too.
    Hugs,
    Vicky~~

PS.......Isn't Lily the cutest???
    Attached Files

Re: Little Miss Ruffle

How adorable! Both the Babe (Lily) and the quilt. So much love showing from both of them. She's going to HATE that picture when she's about 13.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful work with us.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Vicky, Lily is THE cutest baby girl! And I love your quilt too. It looks like a labor of love, that's for sure. How did you do your ruffles, do you have a ruffler foot for your machine?
      Thanks so much for sharing.
      Lola
      :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Originally posted by Lola2Ace View Post
        Vicky, Lily is THE cutest baby girl! And I love your quilt too. It looks like a labor of love, that's for sure. How did you do your ruffles, do you have a ruffler foot for your machine?
        Thanks so much for sharing.
        Lola
        Hi Lola.................

I do have a ruffle foot, but I actually found a stich on my machine that worked better. It gathered it about every 6-8 stiches to making the perfect ruffle. Play with your basting stich and tensions and I'll bet you have it too. Once everything was cut, it worked up pretty fast. I really enjoyed this one!!

***Thank you for the compliments*** It means a lot!!
        Hugs,
        Vicky~~

Comment

Vicky, I can see why Lily stole your heart - she's adorable. I agree with Sandy about that picture when she's a teen, LOL.

Your quilt is gorgeous, I never thought of ruffles in a quilt - what a great idea and you did a fantastic job.
          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
            How adorable! Both the Babe (Lily) and the quilt. So much love showing from both of them. She's going to HATE that picture when she's about 13.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful work with us.
            Hahaha, I know. I debated posting it, but it really shows the quilt well; and Lily too, unfortunately!! Shhhhhhhhhh, we won't tell her I posted it here!!
            Thanks for the compliment!!

Hugs,
            Vicky~~

Comment

Originally posted by debinmalaga View Post
              Vicky, I can see why Lily stole your heart - she's adorable. I agree with Sandy about that picture when she's a teen, LOL.

Your quilt is gorgeous, I never thought of ruffles in a quilt - what a great idea and you did a fantastic job.
              Thank you!!~~I saw this in a book and it was such a good fit for Lily. I don't think I have ever had so much excitement in making a quilt!

Comment

The quilt is just as precious as Lilly. Save the picture and everytime she brings a boy over show the picture. That way if he keeps coming around then he is the one. Again they are both precious.

Lynne

Comment

Really cute - love both the quilt and your precious Lily!

Comment

Lily is very sweet and I love her cap! Great job on the quilt. I'm sure she'll love the texture of those ruffles. Very nice.
                    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

[QUOTE=Vickysitterly;22300]Hi Lola.................

I do have a ruffle foot, but I actually found a stich on my machine that worked better. It gathered it about every 6-8 stiches to making the perfect ruffle. Play with your basting stich and tensions and I'll bet you have it too. Once everything was cut, it worked up pretty fast. I really enjoyed this one!!

Hugs,
                      Vicky~~[/QUOTE

Vicky, now I am really intrigued about the stitch! Is there any way that you can duplicate what the icon looks like, or any other hints that will give us an idea of the stitch you used to do the ruffles?
                      Thanks so much!
                      Lola
                      :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

[QUOTE=Lola2Ace;22324]
                        Originally posted by Vickysitterly View Post
                        Hi Lola.................

Hugs,
                        Vicky~~[/QUOTE

Vicky, now I am really intrigued about the stitch! Is there any way that you can duplicate what the icon looks like, or any other hints that will give us an idea of the stitch you used to do the ruffles?
                        Thanks so much!
                        Lola
                        Lola.....

Will do the next time I go down to visit my quilting room......It shouldn't take me long, should post sometime later today.

Comment

[QUOTE=Lola2Ace;22324]
                          Originally posted by Vickysitterly View Post
                          Hi Lola.................

Hugs,
                          Vicky~~[/QUOTE

Thanks so much!
                          Lola
                          Lola.....

I have a Bernina and the stitch number is 21. It just looks like a straight line, you just have to play with the stitch length to get it where you want. You have to play with the ruffle a little bit, but I found it to be easier and faster than the ruffle attachment itself. Let me know what you think.....

Comment

Beautiful baby and quilt! Wasn't sure which one to mention first.
                            That ruffle stitch sounds intriging - might have to check that out someday.

Hugs,
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Oh,Oh, Oh - they are both just adorable! I LOVE the colors on the quilt and the ruffle is 'just the bomb' as my kids would say!

Comment

Working...
                              X