Girly Quilt is done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girly Quilt is done!

Hi all! I am so happy this is done, and if I wasn't already addicted to fabric/quilting, this would have put me over the edge......in fact, I think it's completely put me over the edge! I am totally gaga over this quilt.
    Tell me what you think......be brutally honest here my friends!

This one is when it was pinbasted. Since I pretty much knew how I was going to quilt it, I was able to place the pins so that I didn't have to take any out until I got to the 2 smaller inner borders. That was a huge time saver and I didn't have any puckers on the back.

This one is after it was quilted and washed, wrinkly crinkly quilty goodness!

This is a close-up

Lola
    :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Re: Girly Quilt is done!

Lola, what a beautiful quilt! I love the fabric with the little fairies, and ADORE the double border, really looks terrific! What a terrific job you did! Is this for someone or are you keeping it?
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

oh my goodness. it is beautiful. its one of those that give you that feel good feeling when you look at it. love the spring colors. very very nice
      Patrice

Comment

That is so cute! That fabric is perfect for a girly quilt. Do you have enough fabric left to make a matching pilowcase?
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

This is absolutely beautiful Lola. I love everything about it, the fairies, the colors, the double border. You did a fantastic job. Some little girly girl is going to be sooooooo happy.
          Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

Really cute!!

Comment

I'm with everyone else. Love it!!!
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I really like the colors that you used. It's fit for a Princess!!
                Nice job!!

Comment

That is so cute, I want one! I know I should want to make one for my nieces but I actually just want one for myself. The fairies are adorable!
                  Quilting through the dull times
                  northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

How darling... and love how you quilted it too!
                    You know you've had too much coffee when you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

The Adventures of the Empress of the Universe... or how I learned to quilt on the internet!

Comment

Every moment you fussed and bothered over this is truly worth it. What a beautiful work of art!!
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I am with everyone it is truly beautiful. Love your choice of colours.

Monique
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

beautiful job....luv the colors...thanks for sharing...

Comment

Ooooh I really like that too! It seems as if your girlie girl quilt passed inspection here - everyone wants one of their own.

Hugs,
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Thank You so much everybody! It is such a boost to think you all have liked my girly quilt. I have had the quilt top done since this summer and just got the courage to sandwich and quilt it. The pattern is the same as the Quilts for Kids quilt I did this summer, I just added the 2nd narrow and piano key borders.
                              I was afraid to call it a 'Fairy Quilt', political correctness and all of that Haha, but that is what it really should be called.
                              I have enough of the yellow from the borders and binding to do a pillowcase, thanks so much for
                              the idea!
                              I have strips from the piano key border left, and that's what I want to make a stacked coins quilt from, but they are a bit bowed so I need to use the seam ripper and re-sew them. I have learned from Jenny's videos that I should have alternated the direction of my stitching to prevent that.
                              But, I didn't notice any bowing in the border pieces??
                              Believe it or not, all of the fabric was from my stash, the colors just came together as I was digging through baskets.
                              Lola
                              :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Working...
                              X