what im started to work on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what im started to work on

I order new York giants fabric online and I got it in this week.....I saw in a quilting magazine a pattern for football fabric....and my husband jealous that I have not taken the time out to make him a quilt...so I told him I would start working on one for him.....also my son who is 18 months old and I saw online on this website called SEW DANG CUTE that she design a baby room with sports theme.... so I going to do the same but with new York giants fabric.....the curtains, bed skirt, pillow case and pillows.....im also going to have my brother draw and paint on the wall a new York giants helmet and logo......I cant wait I will show pictures of it has its coming along…

P.S Has anyone ever painted a dresser in chalk board paint…I saw a video for it and I was thinking of turning my daughters dresser into that…..I bought the dresser from a yard sale so its not the nicest of dresser and I thought it might be a good idea to try…..

Re: what im started to work on

You have your schedule all worked out - can hardly wait to see what you produce.

Love the idea of the blackboard paint on the dresser. I have walls downstairs that are decorated by granddaughters - all the drawings are about two foot up along the hallway. DH tells me that I should NEVER paint over them because they may be worth millions. Oh, if my walls had only had blackboard paint.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I think the chalkboard paint on a dresser is a great idea. We have a dresser that both DD's used and it's covered with stickers, they can remember where some of them came from.
      When we had to re-do the kitchen a few years ago, I had them put in an island. I never got around to painting the seating side of it, and youngest DD's friends started signing it and drawing on it, so now it will never be painted. When a new friend is here for the 1st time and is told that they have to sign the wall, they look at us like we are nuts, until they see it and then they have fun making their mark on it.
      Lola
      :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Lola2Ace----your comment made me chuckle. We own an old farm house---nearly 100 years old that we have been lovingly redoing for about 19 years. As we tear out walls, add tile, whatever major things we have moved....we have encouraged the kids to sign what will be covered over. When they were younger, we had to make sure they understood this meant ONLY sign and date a wall when mom and dad said it was ok, not all over the house. Someday, when the next generation lovingly restores our home, we hope they will find our messages throughout their old/new home! Thanks for the nice memory! SuzyQue

Comment

Originally posted by SuzyQue View Post
          Someday, when the next generation lovingly restores our home, we hope they will find our messages throughout their old/new home! Thanks for the nice memory! SuzyQue
          Don't you just love HGTV's Behind these Walls?????
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

that sounds like such a great idea about the walls and kitchen...i never thought of that.....

Comment

Working...
            X