Valentine Wall Hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentine Wall Hanging

Wasn't going to post, fairly dissappointed with it. You would think the more I do this, the less mistakes I would make--but this thing has 3/4 design flaws. When I first hung it up, I thought--eeeh! After sleeping overnight, it doesn't look as bad to me. Don't think I'll be making such a large wall hanging--hangs wonky( it's really not as crooked as it looks) and I feel like all my mistakes are blinking at me.
    Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Re: Valentine Wall Hanging

I don't see any mistakes - I LOVE IT! And, you are better than me. A year and a half ago I bought 2 kits and my sister bought 1 of a cute, cute Valentines Day quilt. Have we made it yet? Noooooooo. So, YOU have one hanging on the wall and it's not even Valentines Day yet! I give the kuddos to you today.

I am not one for pinks and reds much, but do really like yours.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I don't see any mistakes! I think this is very cute and creative! Great job!
      ~Laurie

Comment

Thanks girls, my biggest mistake is my binding--I can hand sew it fairly well, but when I try to machine sew it on--looks horrible especially from the back. I think I just rush--I take my time when I hand sew and it looks sooo much better than my machine sewn crap.
        Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

Originally posted by lhayes1976 View Post
          Thanks girls, my biggest mistake is my binding--I can hand sew it fairly well, but when I try to machine sew it on--looks horrible especially from the back. I think I just rush--I take my time when I hand sew and it looks sooo much better than my machine sewn crap.
          I don't think anyone's machine sewn binding looks fantastic - no matter how hard you work at it. But, if it didn't look a little 'wonky' no one would realize that it was handmade - they would think it was factory produced. Remember what my DH tells me? It is a DESIGN FEATURE!!!!!!!!!
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I love your wall hanging! And I love what you said about your mistakes blinking at you - I know the feeling! The thing is, they don't blink at anyone else :-). Good job!
            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

I love it. You did a wonderful job.
              Lydia Lee

I am blessed, and pray that you are to.

Comment

I'm with the others, it looks just lovely and there are no such things as mistakes, you can have Sandy's design feature or personal touches and if something is wonky just say it was intentional, it's the naive look. I always have problems with my design features blinking at me but like Deb said, mostly others don't see them, maybe another quilter but most others won't.

Trish, I know where you are coming from, I've bought lovely fabric for a Valentine project and it languishes in my stash.
                Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

That looks nice. Don't worry about "mistakes" you may be seeing, no one else will see them. Enjoy it!
                  “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I love your wall hanging. I don't see anything blinking, everything always looks better after a good night's sleep. Is this a pattern you designed yourself, or is it from the book with the lettering?
                    Great job!
                    Lola
                    :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

It actually started out as a throw. I started making the hexies and decided I wanted to do something with them. I decided I would make a wall hanging. No pattern--just started adding a little of this and little of that.
                      Lisa

Comment

Well, I LOVE your little of this and that! Great work and I hope you keep on designing your own, it's very impressive!
                        Lola
                        :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Goodness, I really love it, too! It shows lots of creativity and joy and happiness, especially since you created it as you went along (right?). I have a newbie question - are the flowers and the pot appliqued? I want to learn how to do that! Carol

Comment

Working...
                          X