X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patticakes
    replied
    Re: Afternoon Project

What a "charming" quilt and daughter! I love the borders you put on it!
    Please post a picture of your daughter with her birthday present when she gets it! What a practical gift and the skill and love of sewing will follow her the rest of her life!

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

Nice way to spend your afternoon time. Turned out great and will add to the others who commented on the sweet expression on your daughters face. She is quite lovely.

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

Ohhh, I will keep the secret, but I am sooo excited for her and you! How wonderful that they also put together a sewing kit for her. I can't wait for her birthday to arrive!
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• SummerK
    replied

Don't tell her, but the Grandma's have pitched in and bought her one for her 10th birthday in April! They've even made her a sewing box and filled it with supplies...she's going to be soo excited. Right now, though, she's been piecing by hand...it's good practice, and she will appreciate that sewing machine even more...lol!

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

Your daughter is just adorable and so is the quilt. Even without her cuteness I wouldn't have seen any mistakes--there aren't any mistakes in quilting they are 'design elements'. What a great accomplishment for you, all in a day and made your Mom happy too.
    You have a built in sewing buddy with your daughter, I can imagine how much fun that would be.
    Does she have her own sewing machine?
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• SummerK
    replied

Thank you so much for all the kind words!

I'm now sure how often I could actually pull off a quilt in an afternoon, but my ability to do so with this one was that I had the layout decided and ready a week before, so all I had to do was cut the borders.

I was also working on it because I was waiting for my brother to come in to town...I'd not seen him in 3 years! He's been living in California and has finally moved back home! So I was anxiously waiting for him and had to have something to keep my hands busy!

I also did the binding on the machine, instead of by hand, which usually takes me hours.

I used my little model as a way to charm all of your socks off and deter all attention away from any mistakes...lol! She already LOVES fabric and patterns and has been making clothes for her American Girl and hand-piecing potholders for me to practice free motion quilting. She's such a good girl and will be an amazing quilter and sewer if she stays interested. I'm super proud of her (if you can't tell)!

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

You seem to crank out a quilt while I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do next. Great work!!! Love the fabrics - and absolutely adore your 'Quilt Display model' feature. Lovely daughter!!

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    replied

Hi Summer, Beautiful model and beautiful quilt. You did that in one afternoon??? Amazing. Elaine

Leave a comment:

• craftyladysam
    replied

Wow! What a beautiful gift for your Mom. No wonder she was excited when you gave it to her. Your model has a sweet smile too!

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

You're good Summer. I don't think I've ever finished something in one day, Maybe the laundry, LOL As for quilting I'm slow. Then again I'm a slow learner. Once I've done it and I have it down I've got it but getting there takes me too long. I'll get better someday.
    Any way your daughter is beautiful and so is your quilt. Congratulations. Hugs, Jan

Leave a comment:

• Freda
    replied

Darling quilt and lovely young lady holding it! Amazing you were able to finish the quilt in one afternoon!

Leave a comment:

• RFREE
    replied

Love the quilt and your daughter is a doll.Future quilter for sure!!

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

Summer that is just beautiful, I love the fabric and how you shaded it across the quilt. And I agree your little princess is also very beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    replied

You go, girl! And your daughter is beautiful, and so sweet to model Mom's quilt!

Leave a comment:

• SuzyQue
    replied

SummerK---I am impressed! In one afternoon! I am so slow! And to think I took a nap today while you were so busy! Looks great! SuzyQue

Leave a comment:

Working...
X