X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here's a quick preview of my BD present

All I can say is WOWEEE!!! I love it!
    Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

All I can say is............... FANTABULOUS......... he's awesome, his work is awesome and you are blessed.

Birthday hugs
      Mia
      ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
      Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
      (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

[email protected] what Beautiful art. He did a wonderful job.

Comment

Sandy...to echo the other comments...you have one wonderful loving husband!
          Now to the technical ....did he have a pattern? Did he use metal gears or wooden ones? And where did he find the gears --IF he used metal?
          When my husband made my frame, he used wooden gears he made with his saw (this was years ago and it has since been destroyed by hurricane Rita). I don't think my DH would be up to the task of doing another one but it sure would be nice.
          GlendaSue
          I hope to outlive my stash.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !
            Sandy, what a wonderful gift. God bless that man of yours. We can tell you are two very special people . Carol Ann
            P.S, Should we not hear from you for awhile, we will know you are quilting the days away!

Comment

Originally posted by GlendaSue View Post
              Sandy...to echo the other comments...you have one wonderful loving husband!
              Now to the technical ....did he have a pattern? Did he use metal gears or wooden ones? And where did he find the gears --IF he used metal?
              When my husband made my frame, he used wooden gears he made with his saw (this was years ago and it has since been destroyed by hurricane Rita). I don't think my DH would be up to the task of doing another one but it sure would be nice.
              Glenda Sue - Al found the gears and hardware in a kit on the internet and ordered it through Amazon. It is made by a company called Hinterberg (?) and it comes with the pattern and cut list for the frame. The gears are wood and have been cut on a CNC machine for accuracy. Al supplied the lumber and the conduit pipe that is used for the rollers. I used some pillow ticking fabric to make the aprons and we attached them with library book binding tape (I think it's better than duct tape for this). It took him a couple days to cut and assemble everything. He added a coat of Watco finish and that's it. He has a write up about the construction on his blog if you would like to take a look: http://sandal-woodsblog.com/2011/01/...uilting-frame/

And - one could be built and shipped for cost . . . just saying. Anyone out there want one?
              Last edited by Sandy Navas; January 31, 2011, 11:22 AM. Reason: Added wording for clarification.
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

something to aspire to. Hope you had a lovely birthday.

Comment

OMG!!!!! How absolutely wonderful and WOW what a job!!!! I am jealous!
                  Susan

Comment

I'll have to make sure that my dear hubby sees this. It's beautiful. My DH builds furniture so if I get it on his "list", I may see it in a couple years. LOL!.
                    Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
                    "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

Just lovely! Such a great gift from your love!

Now my love has an excuse to say to me "But I sold all my tools in Calif, so I won't be able to surprise you. Ask Al what he would charge to built one and have it shipped." So enquiring minds want to know.
                      sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

You lucky gal, you!!! Your husband is so talented.
                        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Sandy, what an absolutely beautiful frame. I know you are very proud of it and DH too. Give him a big congratulations for me on a wonderful job. You are right he is very talented. Happy Birthday dear lady, hope it's a wonderful day for you.
                          Mary
                          A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

What a wonderful gift, how clever your husband is and how wonderful to have that space in front of the window with a lovely view to work. Make sure you spend time quilting and not looking out of the wondow!!LOL.
                            ================================================== ==============

Comment

Happy Birthday Sandy, you are one lucky lady and what a great husband you have. Wonderful gift and will always be so special. Love the view.

Bernice
                              Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

You're really lucky to have a DH that is able to do things like this, as well to have so much space to put it in you living room.
                                I'm envious!
                                But you have a happy day nevertheless!
                                sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Working...
                                X