My first, any suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first, any suggestions??

Finally !! I have completed my first quilt. When I saw the pattern I just knew what I was going to make and who was going to get it. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift, Oh well better late than never. I need your help deciding on a border. It is at the quilters being quilted so I wanted to be ready when it gets back.

What do you think about prairie points using the 4 different fabrics all the way along the edge? Do you have any other suggestions? It is a king size.

Cheri
    Attached Files

Re: My first, any suggestions??

Cheri, the quilt is lovely and the colours are great, the recipient is going to be a very lucky person. I'll assume you mean binding rather than border and if it were mine I would probably go with the dark blue colour, I think this would frame it nicely.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

I like the ideas of prairie points. They are so neat. Go with your heart. I'm sure what ever you decide will be perfect. Hugs, Jan
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

My suggestion is to use the navy blue for the binding and no prairie points. No matter what you decide, it's already beautiful!

Comment

Great job! I think a dark blue would be my choice, too.
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Congratulations on finishing your first quilt!! It's great, and I'm sure the binding will look awesome, whatever you decide.
            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

It is a gorgeous quilt. I too would go with the Dark Blue binding. But again like everyone else has said go with your heart. Would like to see pictures of what you decided on. Again GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynne

Comment

Beautiful - I agree with everyone else - the dark blue border, no prairie points. What a great 'gift'.
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Originally posted by rcski2000 View Post
                  Finally !! I have completed my first quilt. When I saw the pattern I just knew what I was going to make and who was going to get it. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift, Oh well better late than never. I need your help deciding on a border. It is at the quilters being quilted so I wanted to be ready when it gets back.

What do you think about prairie points using the 4 different fabrics all the way along the edge? Do you have any other suggestions? It is a king size.

Cheri
                  Cheri, how funny because I just finished my first little wall hanging that was suppose to be done for Christmas so when I look at this wonderful quilt and the size? I think you are a rock star! Beautiful.

Mary
                  sigpic

Comment

The dark is sounding like a winner!! I can't wait to get it back from the quilter so I can put the binding on it and give it to a great friend. She is a diehard Cardinals fan and she only knows that I was making her Christmas gift. Can't wait to see her face.

i appreciate all the suggestions. Thanks!!!

Cheri

Comment

I can't believe that this is your first quilt. It's great!!
                      Suzette

Comment

I agree with suzette! My jaw dropped...you did an awesome job! It's gorgeous!
                        Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                        Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Working...
                        X