Those cool circles..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those cool circles..

Hi.. I got a table topper made from those 12 inch cicles that are 2 sided and sewn to overlap and then .. well the pattern is by 'Charlie' .. I did some smaller circles, 8, and didn't know what to do with them - I had no use for magenta polka dot table runner, I just wanted to play with the process a bit more .. so I turned them into a catch bag for my redwork that is often all messy on the table next to my recliner... tada - whacha think?
    BTW - I play with the Stashbusters on the HGTV message board.. so I get August credit for stashbusting
    If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Re: Those cool circles..

Oh 'sew' fun!!! I love that you have a circular bag fit perfectly for that embroidery hoop!! Love it!!!

Great stash buster!! Girl you rock!

Comment

That is really fun! I think the magenta polka dots are cute! fun project! I've been stashing jeans from all the cutting off I've been doing for my kids this year and thinking I really like that 2 toned circles and mock cathedral windows effect! Eventually I will get enough jean to make a jean quilt like that. On my to do list. Check.
      To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Do you think checking things off just for putting them on the to do list is acceptable? I hope so Every once in a while it feels good to check something.
        To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Oh absolutely - anything that makes the list look shorter to do and longer as done has to be good...

Comment

That is so cool!

Comment

very pretty...who is Charlie ?

Comment

Ok, I must have missed the "Cool Circles" tutorial thingie. I like the idea, can you tell me where you found it? Snazzy bag by the way!
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks for nice comment.. those circles are from a pattern by Charlie somebody - she is usually at all the quilt shows.. I took a class for them, and it's easy - when you have a couple of the tricks they use up your sleeve..
                  The circles are cut using a template that is marked for the cut needed to turn them, and there are cut curved pieces for another part.. not meaning to say it is hard, as it's not .. but having the tools is a help. I will look up the pattern name and get back to you after I get home from Portland late Monday

Comment

Very clever idea. I love embroidery take-along- projects. This is a great idea. I may have to steal it.

Comment

Working...
                    X