No announcement yet.

finally! got this tumbler to upload!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: finally! got this tumbler to upload!

Actually I have a real weakness for those scrap bags some fabric shops sell. One near me has them for $2-2.50 each. I go thru them and pick out ones that have similar colors and the biggest pieces. This quilt was a combination of about 3 bags. I was suprised I had enough scraps to do this. The finished quilt is about 40 x 45.
    I knew i was going to donate it to a charity auction my DD is involved with. In my mind I see it used by someones parent/grandparent in a nursing home or confined to a wheelchair. I liked the colors because they were pretty enough for a woman yet not too flowery for a man.
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I love tumbler quilts... and you did a great job! Love the fabric you chose...
      You know you've had too much coffee when you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

The Adventures of the Empress of the Universe... or how I learned to quilt on the internet!

Comment

Nice color choices-----great for either man or woman. Love the warm colors! Suzy Que

Comment

OOOOH, thanks for sharing with us. I just ordered the tumbler template. Hope my quilt looks as nice as yours!

Comment

Very nice! I recently bought this template and some moda lolipop charm packs. I am working on a baby quilt. The template make cutting the tumblers a breeze!

Comment

nice job!! i am looking for the template also where did u get it from?? i just looked at our local joann fabrics and they did not have it.

Comment

I got it here! MSQC. It arrived in like, two days.
                “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Working...
                X